I finally got one!

So while dropping off my Nikon Ai-s 135mm 2.8 at the local camera repair shop to correct a slightly sticky aperture I happened to spy a Nikon Ai 105mm f/2.5 in practically new condition. I had been looking around online for one since getting back to my photography about a month ago, but not finding one that that I really wanted condition wise at a reasonable price (that didn't have to be shipped from Japan). The shop had this one listed at $199 and I was able to get them down another $15 (which basically covered the sales tax).

This lens is in absolutely amazing condition, the aperture is incredibly snappy and the aperture ring has very firm and precise "clicks" between stops. There is no internal dust anywhere that I can see and the external body of the lens (including the front and rear elements) are flawless. For the price I doubt I could do any better.

I have not had much opportunity to shoot with it as of yet, but went out and tried to get a couple quick shots of one of my Huskies. She was being "difficult" and moving around a lot which made trying to dial in my focus more dumb luck than anything, but was able to snap this shot of her wide open at f/2.5.

46qbiHTi1aRY3kRdxRomuZiA=w1404-h937-no?authuser=0?.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Forgot I took this one of my boy Sequoia yesterday with this lens. This one was taken at f/4.

9LBGaOs644wdjLTHvBPGFhKy=w1405-h937-no?authuser=0?.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Andy
That is a great little lens. I once owned a copy and it is indeed very special optically. While somewhat demanding to use with agile subjects, both four-legged and two-legged, the results can be worth the effort.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom