1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I finally got to shoot some MX

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by nipprdog, Jul 21, 2008.

1. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    My busy spring schedule has kept me away from the local track. Went Sunday to shoot(open practice day, no races). I wanted to see how my old 80-200 2.8 worked on my D300 since I may have to use it at this week's barrel racing shoot. And, to shoot for 'fun'. When I'm 'working' the track on race day, I keep my shutter speeds high to get a good keeper rate. But when I'm shooting for fun, I slow my SS down to get some blur. Lower keeper rate, but I love the look. :biggrin: Most are 1/125 to 1/160.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

2. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    great set, look great, especially first 2 and #7 in my mind, sharp in all the right places

3. JIm,

Like em all, and I too like the blur.

So did 6 land it safely?

4. wendy

wendy

Jul 5, 2008
    PA
    Amazing panning. Jealous of the result.

5. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Thanks, Darren
    Thanks, Mark. Yes, he did. He was just "whipping it" for the camera.:wink:

Thanks, Wendy.

6. acena

acena

Mar 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    Very nice Jim. I like the panning look also

7. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Shot #6 is my favorite!! AWSOME set!!

8. Like the pans and choice of shutter speed, wheels look good

9. oldnslow

oldnslow

Sep 23, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Nipprdog these look great, i also shoot motocross and for some reason the blue colors from your pics and mine just have that "pop" to them. On a side note, i notice that you have an 300mmf2.8, do you ever use it for mx, orfor that matter what all do you shoot with it, i am thinking about getting one.
    David

10. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Thanks, Alex.

Thanks, Joe.

Thanks, Brooks.

Thanks, Jason.

Thanks, David. I've never used the 300 2.8 for MX, and probably never will. I use it for baseball, soccer, football, etc., and mostly with the TC 1.4. I have used my 300f4 for MX; https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=121347

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  11. Lovely shot!!

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.