I find it funny that....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it kind of funny how everytime you see a tv show, and someone is posing for a picture, or if you hear a radio ad, and its suppose to be "a picture taking" commercial, the cameras you hear are like old 1990's sounding cameras with the film spool winding up. I dont think anyone under the age of 25 even knows what those cameras look like. I wonder when it will be a 11 frame per second d3s sounding camera? Don't you find it funny?

Once you start listening to sound effects on movies and tv you can't stop. Other groaners:

- Tires screeching on a dirt road
- Empty assault riffles going "click click click" when out of ammo (instead of "click ... silence")
- Guns in general making a sound like it's some 20mm AAA gun
- Keyboards rattling like IBM model-M keyboards even though they're a rare find these days - especially on laptops
- People in jets having a conversation without raising their voice

And the list goes on...

Foley artists are infamous for that. They're not always paid to be accurate.

The movie "No Way Out" revolves around a Polaroid Type-108 film "negative". When the picture is taken they used the sound from a typical electric style Polaroid camera (click-whirrrr). Anyone that's ever used Type-108 film knows you pull the film through a couple of rollers manually and it's virtually silent.

There are other camera related screw up in that movie too, but that one we caught the first time we saw it :)

worse for me is the background music on the soundtrack, never ever happens in my life.

Real Name
Michael
How about the absence of sound when there should be some. My pet peeve is the lack of sound or the muffled sound of a revolver with a silencer. Can't really silence a revolver that way. Pistols, yes. Rifles, yes. Revolvers, no.

Real Name
John DeSanto
What drives me nuts...

is that the TV version of a photographer is somehow always posed holding the camera wrong. (left or focus hand on top of the lens, not supporting it the correct way - from underneath). Just awful form.

It's as bad as when they show joggers pumping their arms up towards their ears - or worse, football players grunting with every tackle.

Isn't it funny to see how many things we notice that just doesn't seem right? Keep it coming folks!! Its hilarious!!

Pouring wine or tea/coffee so the cup/glass is only 1/10th full--and then drinking from it for ever.

And reaching into a wallet or billfold and pulling out the exact amount--whether it be $3.23 or $5000!

Computer screens, even those from the future or shows like CSI, beeping every time they hit enter. Or going beep-beep-beep... while files are being copied etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom