1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I found a new model,,CC please.

Discussion in 'People' started by drschurch, Jul 15, 2008.

1. drschurch

drschurch

May 15, 2008
    Dandridge, Tn
    Still learning about studio lighting. How do these look to you guys?

2672033673_d5e9ef1205_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 221853

View attachment 221856

View attachment 221858

2672033309_2083eaf203_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Pretty model. I suggest using your 80-200 next time @ 80mm. These are a little too 'wide angle-ish' if you know what I mean. For my tastes anyway...

3. The first two are a little too reddish. I would tone down the saturation. Also... as for the wide, I would stick with 80mm and do a little PP on the small blemishes on her face.
    One last thing, shoot 1-1 1/2 stops higher for a brighter capture. Other than that, this model has lots of potential.

Oh... one last and final thing (I promise) watch the catch lights in her eyes. Too much will render the viewers eye away from the whole image.:cool: 

4. pretty gal
    she is WAY too close to the lens in the initial pictures..... the distortion isn't pleasing to her appearance
    folks have mentioned the reddish predominance already

your lighting color was all over the place

keep shooting and sharing
    pretty model

5. oh.....
    and i like your last picture the most

6. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I see little red x's.

7. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Ok it finally showed up for me. First two are a little redish. Otherwise it's a good start. The 4th images has way too many catch-lights in her eyes, however that one is my favorite.

8. I like the last one the best.. It seems like a more natural pose. Also maybe a WB adjustment would improve the red cast.

9. I agree with all the previous responses, plus - try some blemish removal. She doesn't have many, but in the tight shots, they are there...

For portraits, long lenses are your friend...

10. okcandids

okcandids

Jan 12, 2008
    Southern NH
    Very nice start, and as others have said, she's too close (certainly in the first 3 images) if you aren't adding some skin PP work. I like your last image the most.

11. drschurch

drschurch

May 15, 2008
    Dandridge, Tn
    Thanks for all the input guys. I think I shot all of these at 50mm. But I will try my 80-200mm next time. I am having to rearrange my living room so I can use my 80-200mm. My house is just sooooo small:rolleyes:  She has been spending, umm,, a lot of "time":wink: over here so I am sure I will get a few more tries. I am gonna shoot in RAW next time also. Also, is it just me, or is the D200 a lot less forgiving than my d70? Seems like when I miss focus with the d200,,,I REALLY miss it.

12. One thing you'll quickly learn when using studio lighting is that the lighting typically never changes in relation to your distance away from the subject (unlike flash photography...). Setup your "studio" so that you can move down the hall, etc. to get some distance from the subject. The lights don't care where you are as long as you're shooting tight enough not to include them in the frame... When I setup in my living room in my small home, I'm shooting the 80-200 from the kitchen... :rolleyes: 

13. You're a lucky guy. :wink:

Looking forward to seeing more portraits. :smile:

14. hangman

hangman

Aug 13, 2006
    Lone Star State
    This is just a personal preference but I prefer to see only 1 catchlight in the eyes. To me it feels not right to see mroe than 1 catchlight in the eyes..

beautiful model..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.