I found a new model,,CC please.

Still learning about studio lighting. How do these look to you guys?

2672033673_d5e9ef1205_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 221853

View attachment 221856

View attachment 221858

2672033309_2083eaf203_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pretty model. I suggest using your 80-200 next time @ 80mm. These are a little too 'wide angle-ish' if you know what I mean. For my tastes anyway...

The first two are a little too reddish. I would tone down the saturation. Also... as for the wide, I would stick with 80mm and do a little PP on the small blemishes on her face.
One last thing, shoot 1-1 1/2 stops higher for a brighter capture. Other than that, this model has lots of potential.

Oh... one last and final thing (I promise) watch the catch lights in her eyes. Too much will render the viewers eye away from the whole image.:cool:

pretty gal
she is WAY too close to the lens in the initial pictures..... the distortion isn't pleasing to her appearance
folks have mentioned the reddish predominance already

your lighting color was all over the place

keep shooting and sharing
pretty model

Ok it finally showed up for me. First two are a little redish. Otherwise it's a good start. The 4th images has way too many catch-lights in her eyes, however that one is my favorite.

I agree with all the previous responses, plus - try some blemish removal. She doesn't have many, but in the tight shots, they are there...

For portraits, long lenses are your friend...

Very nice start, and as others have said, she's too close (certainly in the first 3 images) if you aren't adding some skin PP work. I like your last image the most.

Thanks for all the input guys. I think I shot all of these at 50mm. But I will try my 80-200mm next time. I am having to rearrange my living room so I can use my 80-200mm. My house is just sooooo small:rolleyes: She has been spending, umm,, a lot of "time":wink: over here so I am sure I will get a few more tries. I am gonna shoot in RAW next time also. Also, is it just me, or is the D200 a lot less forgiving than my d70? Seems like when I miss focus with the d200,,,I REALLY miss it.

One thing you'll quickly learn when using studio lighting is that the lighting typically never changes in relation to your distance away from the subject (unlike flash photography...). Setup your "studio" so that you can move down the hall, etc. to get some distance from the subject. The lights don't care where you are as long as you're shooting tight enough not to include them in the frame... When I setup in my living room in my small home, I'm shooting the 80-200 from the kitchen... :rolleyes:

This is just a personal preference but I prefer to see only 1 catchlight in the eyes. To me it feels not right to see mroe than 1 catchlight in the eyes..

beautiful model..

Latest threads

Top Bottom