I found a Nikon 80-400VR for sale

K

Ken-L

I can save a few dollars by buying this used 80-400VR. It's in the Philadelphia area, so I'm going to go there to see it and pick it up, because that will save on shipping all the way to California.

Congrats Ken...nice to find what you are looking for at a reasonable price. I sold mine to a friend last February and he loves it. Can't wait to see some images out of it.

K

Ken-L

Actually I'm leaving this weekend for a trip to Baltimore and Albany, and am driving between the two, and this is right on the way so it may work out well.....

I played with a 80-400VR yesterday at a camera store, and found it to be light enough for me. It doesn't have the reach of the Bigma, and it costs twice as much, so I'm hoping it will do...

Ken-L said:
I can save a few dollars by buying this used 80-400VR. It's in the Philadelphia area, so I'm going to go there to see it and pick it up, because that will save on shipping all the way to California.

I kind of got a kick out of this post because I envisioned you getting on a plane in California, flying to Philadelphia, picking up your lens and flying back. All to save on shipping. :lol: :lol: Have fun with your new lens.

B

Brew

Congrats Ken. I've been working out in anticipation of the Bigma's arrival!!! :lol:

K

Ken-L

greyflash said:
I kind of got a kick out of this post because I envisioned you getting on a plane in California, flying to Philadelphia, picking up your lens and flying back. All to save on shipping. :lol: :lol: Have fun with your new lens.

I was hoping SOMEONE would notice and think I was nuts! :lol:

K

Ken-L

Brew said:
Congrats Ken. I've been working out in anticipation of the Bigma's arrival!!! :lol:

Considering my track record with lens lust I'll probably end up selling this one too.....at least I got to try this one first, so maybe it's the right one for me.

One of the problems with this process is that when you see a lens that you THINK will be the right choice, you have to make an instant decision, or the deal will be GONE. I'm a little "gun shy" from the last one, so I'll keep my fingers crossed......

B

Brew

greyflash said:
Ken-L said:

I was thinking the same thing but didn't say anything because I always mis-read things :roll:

K

Ken-L

Chris101 said:
Yeah, I thought you were making a trip just for the lens too, but then I figured "Well, that's Ken.", so ... ;)

....for a camera or lens, no - but I have been known to do that for a great restaurant :oops: !

Thats great Ken... I am happy for you.. :>)))))

I thought you might just be headed that way on a vacation or such :>)))

So you are going over there to eat (I know there are no decent restaurants in SF of course) and while you are there you will pick up another lens?

K

Ken-L

patrickh said:
So you are going over there to eat (I know there are no decent restaurants in SF of course) and while you are there you will pick up another lens?

SF has some of my favorite places to eat, but there are restaurants in other places to lure me back too...

Ken-L said:
Actually I'm leaving this weekend for a trip to Baltimore and Albany, and am driving between the two, and this is right on the way so it may work out well.....

I played with a 80-400VR yesterday at a camera store, and found it to be light enough for me. It doesn't have the reach of the Bigma, and it costs twice as much, so I'm hoping it will do...

I have read reviews where it is quite a sharp lens. The VR is a nice touch of course!

I heard it is a bit slow with AutoFocus though (Thomas Hogan) and Bjorn did not seem to think the default tripod collar was that good.

Then again Bjorn is pretty darn picky about the tripod collars. :) The ability to hand hold a shot at 1/15 with 400mm ... that's just crazy good stuff!

Latest threads

Top Bottom