I freaked my wife out today

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by sjlarue, Jul 1, 2008.

1. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Want to have a little fun? Go into bass Pro shops or Gander Mtns or other type store and look for this:
    http://www.naturescapes.net/store/product.php?productid=293
    The Ameristep Chair Blind

Then when no one is looking get in it and sit and wait for poor unsuspecting spouse to walk by and then let the fun begin :biggrin:

I sat there and called to my wife four times. She was five feet away and she couldn't find me until I moved...I thought about waiting until she came by and scarring the bejeebers out of her...but she was looking at bows and arrows at the time:biggrin:

Of course in the outdoor shops it's mostly for hunting...but could you imagine using it to take pics of ducks or other critters? There is plenty of room to hold your tripod, gear and a thermos of coffee and lunch cooler. And it has a cup holder. Vented sides and a big front zippered window.

I told the sales guy that if he wanted, I would come and scare people at Halloween.:biggrin:

And it is on my Christmas list.:smile:

2. Hokum

Hokum

Jun 20, 2006
    Pennines UK
    Interesting, we have bag hides over here which are similar, but a chair one looks very comfy!

3. Northwood

Northwood

Mar 26, 2008
    Oregon
    Hmmm....may need to add a urinal. :biggrin:

4. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    It was, I hid in there for probably twenty minutes before I scared here. It's basically one of those fold out chairs that have been all the rage over here for years now, with a camo cover.

That's what the cupholder is for.:biggrin:

5. Bobhandal

Bobhandal

Jun 29, 2008
    Honduras
    thanks for posting, very interesting.

6. that IS funny steve
    hmmm, i wonder what she has in mind to GET YOU BACK..... :tongue::biggrin:

7. Leif

Leif

Feb 12, 2006
    England
    Surely it has a flap in the side?

8. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    No Problem. The way I see it, I can get one, go up on one of the dikes and take pictures to my hearts content... I might even be able to get a GBH or a kingfisher closeup
    I think it has something to do with a compound bow..:eek:

That would defeat the purpose of the cupolder.:biggrin:
    In all seriousness no it doesn't. It has one big one in the front for your "gun" of choice and several screens on the side for air flow.