1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I gave in, again, this week

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by GonzoBernelli, Jul 21, 2007.

1. First it was GoGo's Nikon 85mm f1.4 and then today the local camera store had a Nikon-fit Sigma 30mm f1.4. - rationalization being Nikon 28mm f1.4 would be (a) a death penalty offence in my house-hold and (b) the Siggy is 20% the cost, has a warrenty and just might be fast enough to "freeze" Bosque birds against a sunrise or sunset. Monica first said "You did WHAT?". so I explained sunrise light, and 4 times the light sucked in, ergo 4 x shutter speed increase, then she said "Ok, know I understand why". Whew - that was a close call!:biggrin:

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Pushin your luck Nick...lolol
    Enjoy

3. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

lol nick ....u pulled it over on her nicely ..hahahaha
    ..congrats
    ;-)

4. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Nick :

Wow. Nicely done.

You have a great lady there, sir.

John P.

5. Pixelographer

Pixelographer

Dec 22, 2006
    Nick:
    Now there's pressure to produce. My advice is to use both these lenses asap to generate shots she'll like, demonstating your rationalization and thereby cementing the pathway to further purchases.
    Keep us up to date on your progress.
    Oh yeah, post some pictures as well.
    Dave

6. But Bosque isn't until November!

So I went out early this morning to photograph some 18-wheelers for the club's "special assignment" this month called "Transportation". Naturally I us3ed only the 30mm.:rolleyes: 

7. Special Assignment - TRANSPORTATION

WorkingTrucks_6107.

8. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

looks good ..congrats...;-)

9. Pixelographer

Pixelographer

Dec 22, 2006
    Nick:
    If your wife likes trucks, you've done a great deal to enhance the likelihood of further purchases being authorized.
    If she doesn't, you still have a good looking picture.
    Dave

10. jhpate

jhpate

Jul 14, 2007
    texarkana, texas
    Funny, must be nice having that new glass!!! Enjoy!

11. Finally got a title for this one

Not Quite a Rainbow (or Purple Truck Drivers Just have to be Different!)

BTW, Monica does like the image! :tongue:

12. Monica is indeed a special person! I'm sure she will soon catch on to your using the Bosque as an excuse to get gear. Although it's about the best excuse you could have!

13. David,
    Maybe Nikon will announce a new body this week that will be available by first week of November - 10 frames a second full sesnor RAW would be sweet! Sometimes I miss so much at 5 fps...

Well Nick, dream on! :cool: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.