I get to meet the coolest people at my job.

I run a Nature Center in Nebraska. In March we get visitors from around the globe to see sandhill cranes and other wildlife. I guide for a lot of VIP types but this one was very fun for me. I also had a guy named Mangelsen around to click the shutter.

Remember Tarzan? Different Jane, same chimpanzees.

5538484821_cf402f119f.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I run a Nature Center in Nebraska. In March we get visitors from around the globe to see sandhill cranes and other wildlife. I guide for a lot of VIP types but this one was very fun for me. I also had a guy named Mangelsen around to click the shutter.

Remember Tarzan? Different Jane, same chimpanzees.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5012/5538484821_cf402f119f.jpg
WOW, a Jane of the Goodall kind :smile:. She looks great!

Talk about luck! This is a once in a lifetime encounter. I didn't realise she was in country as I thought she was doing some work in Africa with elephants. This is pic definitely needs to be on the wall. Love the untucked shirt.:biggrin:

I've met her before. She comes to Nebraska most every spring to watch the migration.

I've heard from several people about tucking in my shirt. I need to pay more attention to these things.

I've heard from several people about tucking in my shirt. I need to pay more attention to these things.

Keep the untucked shirt. I think it is a statement of how relaxed and comfortable you two are together. Definitely a great shot.

Brad - have I met you in person?....back when your facility was under a different name, someone there (who I though was the director) introduced me to Paul Johnsgard one spring when he was giving a presentation. I've been to the center every year I booked a blind over at the Rowe Sanctuary.

What an awesome opportunity with Ms. Goodall visiting - hopefully guests like that will attract lots of good publicity for you guys.

Sean

Sean, I have met and worked with hundreds of photographers over the last 5 years. I was Executive Director at Rowe for 3 years (two springs) and have been at NNVC (Crane Meadows) as Executive Director for the past 3 years. It is very possible that I have met you. I hope that you or any other Cafe friends will say hi when they are in the area.

Murphy, I can imagine that Jane's early work was important in your field. Her current work is really centered on people and being sure they understand the importance of habitat. She has an amazing organization. I did get to spend about two days with her and her entourage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary- She took a tumble the day before. She just kept right on going. It had to be hurting.

What a experience for sure Brad! This is something you will remember for a long time and a photo also,how cool this must have been. Thanks for sharing.

"A white hair? Have you been hanging out with that Goodall tramp again?"

Mangelson was a lot of fun be with. He and Jane have a real friendship and enjoy each other's company.

The Far Side cartoon is funny. I spoke with one of the guys from JGI and he said Gary Larsen uses the proceeds from that cartoon to support JGI. He said Jane loved it.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom