1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I give up!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Cope, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Where does Nikon put the serial number on their lenses? I have looked all over my 60 and my 28-105, and I can't find it.

2. This is a game and they win.

I always get out a magnifying glass.
    Once you find it, save them to your computer for furture reference.

Look below "Nikon" and lens description like 17-55, made in Japan.
    Also look on the first black ring next to the lens mount.

3. The serial numbers are stamped and very difficult to read without good light and a magnifying glass. Look on the underside of the lens....

4. Strange, I've never had any trouble reading the serial numbers. I guess it's these young eyes :tongue:

5. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    They are in the dang-nab-dist places. I usually have to put under my circular flourescent magnifyer that I use in my cable work. (business thing)

Short answer is, you need good light and a magnifying glass to find them most of the time unless you have superhuman eyes like Sidney!

6. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Careful!

It's not nice to talk down to your elders!:frown:

7. 60mm micro it is on the aperture ring - 180 degrees from the f/4 marking.

Don

8. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Thanks!

And about the same place on the 28-105. Now that I know where to look, they are plain enough to see, and on the 28-10-5 the SN is almost gold colored. Thanks to all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.