I got a cover shot!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jczinn, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Okay, this isn't exactly National Geographic magazine, or even The Star, but...its a cover, and its being published by the Federal Government (US Fish and Wildlife Service), so I'm pretty psyched. They approached me to use some of my photos in some of their literature and since its not-for-profit and for a good cause I gave permission. I figure it is my way of "volunteering" and giving back for environmental causes.

http://www.jczinn.com/samples/LongislandCCPCover_bar.pdf

And it was taken with the "old" D100 ;-)

(BTW they gave me permission to post this on my site.)

I am usually very modest as you all know but, I think this looks pretty WOW! Now if only I could find someone that would actually pay, LOL.

2. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Congratulations Janet. Thats a great shot.

3. Hi Janet,

A very well deserved honor with a really nice photo.

Bob

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent Janet.
    Well deserved for sure.
    Congratulations ;>)))))

6. jjdesanto1

jjdesanto1

May 1, 2005
    Warwick, N.Y.
    John DeSanto
    Wonderful shot, Janet

Congratulations!

7. Congratulations. This is a nice shot. You should be happy. I know I would be. Making money in nature and wildlife photography is tough, perhaps tougher than ever with the proliferation of digital cameras and good photographers. We all probably need to be more creative and aggressive in finding ways to make photos pay. My experience in doing free photography is that it generally leads only to more opportunities to do free photography. I bet Fish and Wildlife has to pay for buildings, vehicles, supplies etc. I would at least try to use this as leverage to get special privilege to photograph some interesting critter or place that your Fish and Wildlife contact could help you with. Building relationships with the right people can be worth more than money down the road. Keep up the good work. This could be a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

Congrats again,

8. I think you should be very proud... it's a charming image and perfect to wrap around a book cover.

Well Done!

Woody

9. As I said over on the dark forum congratulations, well deserved excellent shot

10. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

That's terrific, and the Horseshoe Crab brings back memories of Long Beach and Jones Beach (not to mention Coney Island Beach)....

11. Congratulations, Janet. Such good news makes my day.

12. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    BRAVO!

Wade

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Way to go Janet!! You should be proud. :smile:

14. your work is always wonderful and this is a money shot for sure. Great job!
    Dave

15. Congratulations Janet! Beautiful shot too.

16. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Janet

Congratulations and well deserved.

17. Cool :cool: Great one Janet. Congratulations :biggrin:

18. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Janet,

Please accept my sincerest congratulations, I am so happy for you. Nope, it isn't National Geographics, Time Magazine or Cosmo...but it's your image on the cover of something that is published and delivered to readers across our nation...and that is pretty darned outstanding. I hope that this is only the start of more great things to happen for you and our other members who submit their work for possible publishing. Great shooting, Janet.

19. Janet, I am so happy for you. The shot is beautiful and you should be justly proud. Way to go.