I got a D300!! YAY!! EDIT: Took some pics!!!

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by wgilles, Aug 31, 2008.

1. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Hey everyone, I just upgraded my D80 to a D300 a couple days ago and it is simply an amazing camera. It took me a couple minutes to figure out how to do simple things because it is just so much different from the D80. I do have one problem though...
    I can't seem to download the 1.03 firmware update from the Nikon web site for my Mac or Windows. It just hangs. Does anyone have a link to an external web site?

EDIT: Just did a time lapse of my girlfriend cooking, here is the link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFzdgUmnoZc

I finally took some pictures today. Just a couple quick snapshots from around Easton, PA while I was walking around.
    Just did some levels adjustments real quick on some of these

Coolest Dunkin Donuts I've ever seen
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was outside of a bar, quite surprising
    [​IMG]

The front of the Pez Museum
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My favorite
    [​IMG]

2 More pics I took today
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2008
  2. lovemy8514

lovemy8514 Guest

Congratulations.

I came from a D70s, and it has been a fun ride! It takes better technique to really make the D300 shine compared to the 6mp D70s I had, and that's what I'm working on now.

I'd try Nikon's site again at a later time. I downloaded the updates from their site with no issues. Just be sure that when you have them both downloaded you only put one on a card at a time to load them into the camera!

3. congrats on the D300
    you'll love it, i'm sure

here's the link..... scroll down to the D300

http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bi...nNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

good luck

4. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    This time it gave me a page cannot be displayed dialogue. I'll try on Tuesday

5. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Congrats, I look forward to hearing what you think after you have shot for a while. I am a current D80 user who really wants the 300.

6. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    I'll try it in Windows with IE, might be some weird Safari issue.

7. vz223

vz223

Dec 7, 2007
    NJ
    Welcome to the D300 world. Money well spent. Enjoy and post a few of some of your work.

8. cali-kid

cali-kid

May 26, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I made the same jump form a D80 to the D300; I am very happy; you will be too; congrats....

9. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Well I think I will finally be able to get out this week and take some "good" pictures, so I'll post them soon.

10. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm making the same jump... D80 to D300. It should be here this Wednesday. Plenty of camera for my meager skillz! Can't wait to hear what you think.

11. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Well I will be going out into Easton, PA today to snap some pictures, I'll post some of the good stuff when I get back.