1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I got a D60!

Discussion in 'People' started by RvUsa, Sep 7, 2008.

1. RvUsa

RvUsa

Feb 15, 2008
    Darlington, Pa
    And these were the first pictures I took with it. I just wanted to share, it is my first dslr. So I am definitely a Newbie.... LOL

firstshoot048.

firstshoot165.

firstshoot151.

I know the lighting is bad, but I am trying to learn!

Thanks for looking.

2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Congrats on the new camera John, you've made a promising start here.

Your model has a nice toothy grin going on here!

3. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Welcome to the cafe! You have some nice separation of the subject and background in the first one! Post often - you will learn lots here :) 

4. ItzAlbert

ItzAlbert

Sep 13, 2008
    Bay Area
    congrats on the camera i am planning to get the D60 i am also a newbie

5. The lighting is not too bad , I would say you were using matrix metering since the shadow area is quite bright and there are some blown highlights .
    Next time take two shots of each , one in matrix metering and one in centre weighted and see the difference - you may prefer the results from centre weighted because the highlights will be preserved and shadows will remain 'shadows' .
    That will help you learn as well - welcome to the cafe and post more pictures so we all can learn from the comments :smile:

6. congrats on the D60, John
    nice shots

i can't wait to see more
    good luck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.