I got a new lens today...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by dbirdsong, Jun 23, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I made a trade today with a friend and got a Nikkor 105mm Micro.
    Well this isn't the first picture I took, but close, I think it is number 15 or so.
    :D

[​IMG]

D70
    Aperture Priority
    1/400th
    F 14.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    That's nice Dave. Almost color overload, but the detail pulls it out at the last photon. Especially the texture on the petals in the right half. And good blur for f/14. I like it!

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks Chris...
    6 more hours of work and I am on vacation.. YEAH.. Then I will get a chance to really put the lens to use.

4. good shot dave! Enjoy your vacation and will look for your posts from that. I am soon going on a MACRO vacation myself into the mountains of west virginia.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    The lens definitely looks like a keeper Dave. Excellent shot.

6. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Nice shot - nice lens, I have one myself. Try it on landscapes as well, you will be pleasantly surprised. The choice of yellow was fortunate, since the lens (in cmmon with others in the Sigma range) is reputed to have a slightly "yellow cast".

7. I think you will like that lens Dave. It has good working distance and is quite sharp. Good luck and have fun.

8. Dave,

That's a wonderful shot. I was going to purchase the 105 initially, but chose the 60 instead. Now the 70-180 lives on my D70. You will really like that lens. Have a great vacation!