I got a new lens today...

D

dbirdsong

I made a trade today with a friend and got a Nikkor 105mm Micro.
Well this isn't the first picture I took, but close, I think it is number 15 or so.
:D

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D70
Aperture Priority
1/400th
F 14.

Real Name
Chris
That's nice Dave. Almost color overload, but the detail pulls it out at the last photon. Especially the texture on the petals in the right half. And good blur for f/14. I like it!

D

dbirdsong

Chris101 said:
That's nice Dave. Almost color overload, but the detail pulls it out at the last photon. Especially the texture on the petals in the right half. And good blur for f/14. I like it!
Thanks Chris...
6 more hours of work and I am on vacation.. YEAH.. Then I will get a chance to really put the lens to use.

good shot dave! Enjoy your vacation and will look for your posts from that. I am soon going on a MACRO vacation myself into the mountains of west virginia.

Nice shot - nice lens, I have one myself. Try it on landscapes as well, you will be pleasantly surprised. The choice of yellow was fortunate, since the lens (in cmmon with others in the Sigma range) is reputed to have a slightly "yellow cast".

Dave,

That's a wonderful shot. I was going to purchase the 105 initially, but chose the 60 instead. Now the 70-180 lives on my D70. You will really like that lens. Have a great vacation!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom