I got a shot on a billboard...

D

dbirdsong

A while back I mentioned that I had photographed Ronald McDonald with Kevin Hanson of the Motor City Mechanic hockey team for a billboard and other promotional items.
Well Saturday night I finally got a chance to see 1 of them (I think there are 3 of them total), so I set up a tripod and snapped off a couple shots of it.
_DSC2652.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

So it might not be Star magazine cover like Jonathan got, but still it is pretty cool to me. :cool:
(I just wish it had paid even 10% to what Jonathan earned for his shot :biggrin:

This is the post on the shoot.
https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=52737&highlight=ronald+mcdonald

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll bet that is really cool to drive down the street and see one of your pictures staring back at you from a billboard. congratulations for sure.

Congratulations Dave. I think it is a high honor to have your picture on a billboard so don't sell yourself short because it is not the Star magazine. This could lead that way where your pics will one day be in a magazine.

D

dbirdsong

Catz said:
congratulations Dave. I think it is a high honor to have your picture on a billboard so don't sell yourself short because it is not the Star magazine. This could lead that way where your pics will one day be in a motor sports magazine.

Well I don't know about motor sports magazines since I don't really photograph any motor sports... :biggrin:
I have had some other "Hockey" photos published in the last year too in small magazines, but my guess is that more people have seen this than those magazines since it is on a very highly traveled road.
Thanks Melissa for looking.

Dave

D

dbirdsong

greyflash said:
I'll bet that is really cool to drive down the street and see one of your pictures staring back at you from a billboard. congratulations for sure.

Thanks Gordon... It was.

Latest threads

Top Bottom