I got a surprise......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DAVE VAN, Oct 3, 2005.

1. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    I was in Cape May over the weekend trying my hand at some birding. I think I'll leave it up to you guys. I'm amazed that even my 80-400 didn't have enough reach. I'll post some shots as soon as I can. Anyway I found out that one of my photos got picked for photo of the week.
    http://monsterblog.lzsportsource.com/
    I think I'll leave the birds to the experts and I'll stick with trucks.

2. Congratulations on your photo. It is a great picture. Very deserving of a win.

3. Angelo

Angelo

Sep 19, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    congratulations Dave!

4. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the comments. My 5 minutes of fame :smile:

5. Good on ya! Congrats! (even though I'll NEVER understand the sport!! LOL) BTW, how's wee Davey doing these days? Things progressing well, I hope..

6. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Sandi,
    This is the ultimate "guy" sport. (even though there are just as many female fans) It started out 30 years ago with Bob Chandler and "Big Foot". It was just a curiosity thing that was shown at exhibitions. It now is a multi-millon dollar buisness with hundreds of trucks throught the US and recently the world. The USHRA is the sanctioning organization with the top trucks (those with the highest point totals at the end of the season) invited to the world finals that are held each March in Las Vegas.

Thanks for asking about David. He is doing great. He loves school (Orchard Friends School) and is playing Rec soccer. He wants "Black Stallion" his favorite truck to come to his birthday party in a few weeks. :eek:
    Actually the driver of the truck sent me an e-mail after seeing some of my photos on the web asking if he could use some of them. Perfect timing....I mentioned to him David's dream of him coming for his birthday! Oh well, you never know. I just told David not to get his hopes up. (maybe he'll at least get a T-shirt) :smile:

7. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Excellent picture and very deserving for a picture of the week!

Good to hear that David is doing well. Hope his birthday wish comes true!

All the best,

8. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Great shot - you deserve the accolades.

9. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Heiko,
    Thanks for the comments and wishes. :smile:

10. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Thanks Ken, and I hope you are feeling better. We are all pulling for you :smile: