I got caught!

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Yvette, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    My neighbor has the most beautiful flowers in her yard and she is never home for me to ask her if I can take pictures of them so today I decided to sneak over. Well, I did not see that her husband's car was parked in the driveway and when I looked up I saw him watching me through the window :redface: So I politely asked him if I could take some shots and offered to print some pictures for them. He was not upset with me but I did feel embarrassed. Guess I learned my lesson.

BTW, I am so impressed with my 70 - 300 VR. I really love the lens.

flower3.

flower1-1.

flower6.

flower4.

2. LOL, that must have been a little awkward. Nice captures though. I am sure they will like the results. Taken with a 70-300vr? I would like to get that lens as well.

3. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thanks Mark. It was a little awkward. You will love the lens. It is really great.

4. Lovely images, funny story! oopsy

5. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Hee Hee! Glad you liked them. It wasn't funny at the time though. I won't be doing that again.

6. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    lol, busted!

Nice flower images anyway.

I once borrowed someone's driveway. I didn't get caught, I was just at the very end though, I didn't go far up it. I had to get the sunset though, it's one of my favorites ever.

Is that last one a crop Yvette or is it just as shot? I didn't know it had that kind of range, wow.

Doug

7. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Busted is right. The husband is a real meanie too so I was suprised he didn't yell at me. I am friends with his wife though so maybe he just went easy on me. The last one is a crop and I was amazed at how sharp it turned out. For something that is handheld (with the help of VR) I didn't think it was too bad.

8. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Wow Steady handed Yvette! Awesome crop.

thanks for sharing them...

9. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    You are welcome Doug. Glad you liked them. I have to give credit to the VR though.

10. Very nice shots with the 70-300VR. Have not had much opportunity to use mine since we have a constanst supply of snow here.

11. ponygurl

ponygurl

Jan 25, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Whoooops! But at least you got some nice shots!!!

12. Next time take a couple of beers with you.

13. Nice photos! :smile:

14. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thank you. You will not want to put it down once you start using it. Looking forward to seeing some of your pictures when you get a chance.

15. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thanks Ann. Glad you liked them.

16. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Hey, that just might work. But that would mean I would have to stay and drink them with him and I don't want to have to do that.:biggrin:

17. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thanks John.

18. Funny story and you're definitely braver than me! Beautiful photos and I bet they'll like em when they see em!

19. Mainuh

Mainuh

Feb 20, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Yvette,

Wonderful shots! I've been meaning to check in and say hi and see how you were making out with the 70-300VR, but I can see for myself! Glad to know it's getting lots of use! Keep shooting and posting! Btw, did you post anything from the Supercross event?

We just got back from a family trip to DC and I've put a bunch of those shots on my flickr site.

20. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thanks Dianne. I don't know if "brave" is the word to use. Maybe "stupid" is more appropriate.