i got it working again

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by gbenic, Jul 29, 2007.

1. I bought an L35 off eBay a while ago. It took a few shots and promptly died. This evening, I took a look at it. After giving it a serious beating, it started to work again. So I loaded a roll of film in it and I'll see what comes of it. I don't have high expectations since I only paid $8 for it and it died once. Perhaps I will be surprised though.
  2. Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Ah, this is the second case of violence solving camera problems in the top few posts here. I'm glad it worked! Just goes to show, that brute force is good.
  3. And brute force it was! My wife was in the bathroom and I was in the kitchen. I was banging it so hard she turned off the bathroom fan to ask what all the noise was! I had to "free" it twice, but now it knows who's boss.
  4. Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Man over machine. I love it! Good shooting Greg!
  5. Off Topic

I decided to try my "repair" technique on the air conditioner in my bedroom. It was so noisy. It rattled every time the compressor kicked on. So, I decided to beat the snot out of it. I even threatened it. It has been quiet for a few days now. I just thought I would pass this along. Why pay a repair guy money when you can vent your frustrations AND fix something at the same time?
  6. Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    It's the tried and true method Greg! I myself am a hammer mechanic when I need to be. ... I've got a gas chromatograph at work that has helium flow problems. Should I try it?
  7. Greg,

Do you think that method would work with the ice-maker [out of commission since '03] in the fridge ?
  8. No, but it may work now. My ice maker and water dispenser started leaking a couple of years ago. I turned off the water until I could take a peek. I never got around to it until a few months ago. I turned the water back on to see where it was leaking. What a surprise to find that it healed itself. No more leaks.
  9. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

Got to love it when stuff fixes itself!
  10. Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Well stuff breaks down by itself ,so the least it could do is fix itself also :tongue:
  11. :biggrin: