I got my 105/2.5 modified by John White...

P

Pianisimo

I'm sure glad I did :eek: never woulda gotten shots like these until now. this lens is SHARP!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 389840

very, very satisfied :Love:

P

Pianisimo

Thanks Mike. The lens was pre-AI, so part of the aperture ring needed to be sanded down to fit properly on my D300 without breaking the AI tab. I could've gotten a metering chip as well, but I really only shoot aperture- and manual-priority 99% of the time so it wouldn't have done much good.

I think these were all shot at f/4, by the way. It's just a hair soft wide open, or maybe I just can't nail the focus THAT much. haha.

Thanks Mike. The lens was pre-AI, so part of the aperture ring needed to be sanded down to fit properly on my D300 without breaking the AI tab. I could've gotten a metering chip as well, but I really only shoot aperture- and manual-priority 99% of the time so it wouldn't have done much good.

I think these were all shot at f/4, by the way. It's just a hair soft wide open, or maybe I just can't nail the focus THAT much. haha.
F4 is still pretty shallow, nice work.

I have the 105, 1.8 AIS. Bought a DK-17M eyepiece..really helps with focus.

Looking forward to use the lens a lot more.

Mike

P

Pianisimo

Thank you :)

Mike...I've been interested in that! But it won't fit on the D300 (unless you want to glue it...). Maybe there's a third party equivalent or something though.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom