I got my mule to carry the heavy tripod

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gilles, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Folding hand trunk

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Excellent taste Gilles! I bought one of those recently.

:wink:

3. So I'm not the only one to discover wheels!! *LOL* That looks perfect for the job and saves wrecking your back - leave that for all your camera equipment.

I recently bought a large Roots rolling duffle bag. This will hold all my tripods, lights & stands, lighting umbrellas, and then the large pocket on top will hold my Lowepro Trekker bag with all my gear for when I'm doing shoots. There are even side pockets large enough to hold my reflector discs and all the other crap and junk we seem to 'need'. I keep all my gear stored in this bag when not in use rather than scattered throughout the house. (Dodger has also discovered it's great for napping on too).

I'm a big believer in 'why carry it when you can wheel it'. Another great thing is those foil lined cooler bags with wheels. They also keep your gear cooled down on heat wave days in your vehicle.

4. Rich it's very light and even with the heavy tripod it's like there was nothing on it. When i receive it i was wondering why they did not put hooks at the end of the elastic that comes with it; until i saw the locking slots on the bottom black bar.

5. Sandi do you have a picture of your Roots bag. I got my folding hand truck from Lee Valley in Ottawa.

6. Gilles, here's a pic that a buddy of mine took of his Roots bag. He's the one who told me about the bag in the first place. They're available at Costco and this week they have $20 off them!!!!
    http://www.pbase.com/dusty_d/image/37870664

Lee Valley - love that store!