I got two off brand batteries from Adorama

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Chris01ZX6R, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Chris01ZX6R

Chris01ZX6R

Jul 25, 2008
    NJ
    They are Flashpoint brand and only six dollars so I said what the heck and ordered two. Well I wish I ordered more because now they are up to twenty dollars and they are great. I shot like 1000 pics at my moms wedding on one battery but I was using a shoe mounted flash so no battery drain from the flash. I am super impressed with them for 6 bucks. Before I ordered them I saw some off brand at best buy I have never heard of for $70 and was like yeah right when a Nikon battery is only $40.

2. I've always had great luck with off brand batteries. I usually go with Sterlingtek, they work just as well. Probably manufacturered in the same plant... just grey market.

I'm going to grab a couple for my backcountry trip coming soon.

3. I had a few off-brand EL3a batteries that worked perfectly well with my D50... think I got them on eBay for around $7 each shipped when buying 2. I'll probably pick up a couple of off-brand EL3e batteries when I get an off-brand D80 grip... any suggestions on one that has a working hard-wired (not IR) shutter release (command dials nice, but not a necessity for cheap?