I guess I can post here now....

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by kramp, Dec 31, 2005.

1. The peer pressure was just to great, combined with the Nikon marketing machine the pressure was just overwhelming so to stop the anxiety I bought one, not an easy feat here in Canada.

So here are the obligatory snapshots from the fist time I used it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There cropped and slightly sharpened, of course they have been reprocessed by smugmug when they do the resizing.

These were iso 100 which being a D70 owner is of interest to me since that is not available on that camera and I don't shoot much high iso anyways since it does degrade the picture quality on any digital camara that I have seen.

The lens was the Tamron 90 2.8 sp, the metering was spot on something that needed fiddling with on the D70 so I think that is a nice improvement.

Well back to figuring out how the controls work I was a bit lost at first but its coming quickly, if the camera behaves I might put the 200 f4 micro on it tomorow and give it a better test.:smile:

Martin

2. Congratulations! those are some good first shots. Can't wait to see more after you've gotten the camera all set up.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Congratulations :>)))))))))))

GREAT CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great shot.. You will do well as usual :>))

Look foward to your pictures.

4. Great pictures! Love the colours! Is that a "sweet" little parrotlet? Kinda looks like mine!

5. I get the feeling we are all going to like it that you have this camera :^)

6. Yes it is, here name is Chili, she is a Pacific, we also have a Pacific Blue that is not so sweet, well she is sweet to me but not so sweet to others.

Does yours run the household, it seems to be a Parrotlet trait.

Thanks.

Martin

7. MikeG

MikeG

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks for the "bird's eye" view.

Good pics and a nice birdie, I'm sure.

:biggrin:

8. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Hi Martin, looks great. Congratulations!

9. I have a female Pacific named Xena ( warrior bird! LOL) She has a split personality, very very sweet and then very very bad. She chases the dog, and harrasses my amazon parrot. She loves to lay down to get petted. She is a big attitude in a little body! but we love her!

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I expect it to sing in your hands Martin. Pretty birdie BTW. :smile:

11. Congrats on the new tool Martin. Looking forward to the results! No pressure...