1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I had my first NILMDTS session yesterday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phillip Ino, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    I shadowed another photographer. There's really no way to prepare yourself for anything of this nature. I cannot go into detail, but to witness the passing of a newborn.....there just aren't any words that can properly describe how I felt. It was a powerful moment, to say the least. I just wanted to pour my heart out to the family. Today...it's all sinking in. One of the most difficult things I have ever had to do in my life, but I am glad I did it. And I am glad I'm doing it. Thanks for listening. Just had to get that off my chest.

2. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Wow. I'm signed up, but no calls yet. It's a good thing you're doing...good thoughts for you.

3. lmorgan

lmorgan

Jun 27, 2008
    NCentral IL
    (((hugs))) What an incredible thing to do. Someday I hope to be able to give that incredible gift.

4. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    It's hard to explain your feelings...but you're right...hopefully one day what you did will bring some sort of closure to that family.

I admire you...take care. Sending a cyber hug to you!

5. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thanks, Lisa. Do you know how many are in your area and are you active on the area coordinator's schedule? Well no calls is also a really good thing, isn't it? :smile:

6. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    It was indeed, incredible, Leslie. Something I will never forget nor take for granted. :smile:

7. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thanks, Sen. I do owe it all to you. Thanks for showing me the way :smile:

8. Francis, hat's off to you. Losing a child is unimaginable and I'm not sure I could do what you did (I have daughters of my own - 8 and 4). This is incredibly generous on your part (of your time, talent, and emotional strength) and I salute you.

9. This is very tragic. Any loss of a child is very disturbing, and profoundly sad.

10. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    The area coordinator hasn't been able to get NILMDTS "in" to the biggest hospital in the area...and there hasn't been a call in the smaller one since I signed up.

Which, all things considered, is a good thing.

11. Bless you Francis. Not many people have the ability to do what you did. I have spoken to several photographers that decline further sessions because of the emotional strength it requires. You have given the family of that baby a gift. Memories of a child they would not have otherwise. Thank you for volunteering.

12. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    you are one strong person and I'm glad there are people like you in this world.

13. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin

Thank you. It definitely was a test of my emotional strength.

It is, indeed, Tom.

14. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Most definitely a good thing :smile:

15. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin

Thank you, Sonya :smile: My heart goes out to all parents out there.

Thank you, Brad :smile:

16. Please forgive my ignorance but what is NILMDTS?

God Bless,
    David

17. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Francis,

Bless you for doing this. As some of you know I am the father of a full term still born daughter (Alexa). This service did not exist then, but as soon as I head about it I signed up. It is such a special gift that you gave to this family. Proof to the world that there child existed and pictures of there baby.

If you need to talk please feel free to give me a call.
    (PM me for my number).

Dan

18. It's one of the most difficult things a photographer will ever have to do... you just can't help by being touched/affected by it... all of which means you are a very good person! :smile: Kudos to you for helping out people in this special way!

19. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep...

http://www.nilmdts.com/

20. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Francis - you did a great thing and I am sure the family will be comforted by the images in time

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.