I Had The distinct Pleasure of Shooting with....

Greetings all:
I had the distinct pleasure of spending the weekend with Mr. Dave Collignon and his family.
We met in Northern Manitoba Canada and spent the weekend testing how much mud our kids could find with the ATV's and spent a little time shooting together as Dave showed me a trick or two....
I know one thing... I walked away with a whole new respect for the D70 camera, as Dave was good enough to let me play with his a little.
Here is a shot I took during our visit....

The set-up on this shot was really quit simple. D2H with 17-35 on a tripod sitting in the box of my truck (to get a little height). A MC-20 timer remote attached to the camera with a timed shutter of 1 minute 40 seconds. Lens at f11 and a 500-candle power light painting light into the scene about an hour after the sun had set.

{I like to light paint on outing like this as it allows my day to be longer than sun up to sun set....lol}

This shoot was cut short as soon as we heard a large cracking sound in the bush. Dave said.... "What the hell was that... a bear"...and dove into the truck and locked the doors... Saying he thought he had enough shot's anyway....lol

(Leaving me outside)
Hope you enjoy...

48709783.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Great image and a great story.

Should enter this into the current challenge Doug.

Your painting with light shots are always a treat Doug. That is a cool looking cabin made even better with the Doug Barber treatments. Good job.

Doug, sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I just hope Dave didn't hit the truck locks as he dove for cover!! LOL There's a saying about photographers in bear country: If you find them dead, check the last pic on the camera, it'll be a doozy!! LOL

Cool shot. Just remember, you don't have to be faster than the bear, just faster than whomever you are with!!!!

Awesome shot Doug, and great story too. I like the way you were able to show the glowering sky in the background. :smile:

Geez, Doug, where's the picture of the BEAR ????? :wink:

I'm sure the Bear would have looked cool with this same treatment, or at least a picture of Dave in the truck :smile:

As always, Doug, your eye just amazes me, thanks.

I guess I haven't had the pleasure of seeing your pictures here before. I've certainly missed out!! Such an unusual and interesting photo. I look forward to seeing more.

My husband and I ran in to a bear in Teton Park this summer. It is a frightening experience.

Terri French said:
I guess I haven't had the pleasure of seeing your pictures here before. I've certainly missed out!! Such an unusual and interesting photo. I look forward to seeing more.

Thanks Terri:
I don't post many images here as there is just way to many really good shooters around these parts and I hate to look bad... :smile: :smile:
Every once and a while I get someone to point me in the right direction and get a good one.
Thanks again for the kind words.

Doug, you've reminded me..

to try light painting. I remember doing one of my house many years ago in the bad ol' film days, but I don't remember if it even came out or not. :confused:
Great shot and story to boot!
Jarrell

Hi Jarrell:
Good to hear from you again....
Hope all is well in your corner of the world.
So have you decided when you are going to make the journey north to visit me yet?
You better hurry as winter will not be to far off!!! (plus 3 tonight with clear sky's)

Doug Barber said:
Hi Jarrell:
Good to hear from you again....
Hope all is well in your corner of the world.
So have you decided when you are going to make the journey north to visit me yet?
You better hurry as winter will not be to far off!!! (plus 3 tonight with clear sky's)

Huh.... does that plus 3 mean three degrees above freezing? :eek:
Jarrell

Doug, I was directed to this thread by Gale after a post of mine about this technique. I was complaining about the huge amount of noise (hot pixels) I got after shooting for 1 to 2 minutes, even with the noise reduction on. That's with my D70. I wonder if you face the same problem and if so, how do you deal with it.

Christian,
I reread how he does it. I don't thik I could do it though. I don't even know how to shoot at knight :<((..

I did shoot the moom and the eclipse, but that is pretty bright light.

Sure would be nice to shoot with someone that knows how...

One day maybe....

Hope Doug comes by. Might drop him an e-mail.
He is very nice and know would be glad to give you some pointers for sure.

Latest threads

Top Bottom