I hate holiday weekends...

Every summer holiday weekend (and half of the others) my wife wants to have everyone and their brother to come over for a pool party. Guess who gets stuck cooking for 20 people, not to mention the cleanup afterwards, instead of being able to relax and enjoy the day off like everyone else? I have the option of saying no but then again I don't of course because I would then have to endure the wrath of woman. :mad:

Rant over.

Better than working in a IT dept. Every 3 day weekend is a work weekend to do system upgrades etc... Since everyone is off for an extended period so you have a long time to keep things offline.

Say no, and take her out for dinner instead. Sorry, but not being honest has gotten you into this.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Let her have her pool party and you go off solo for the day. See a movie, take yourself out to lunch/brunch/dinner...do some shooting...

Or...tell her "No", and mean it.

We love to have people over for parties. I have been pretty lucky someone will usually come over and give me a break from BBQing and they take over. Makes it nice.

Neither my husband or I BBQ or really entertain. However, I do love to bake. Invite us to your party, and we'll bring desert! Next weekend, you should all go to her brother's house and spread the joy around!!!

for us in Washington State.. no pool parties here.. a bit cool..

We do seem to live under perpetual drizzle and gloom...! :frown:

rain-cloud_zpsf0ef3bd7.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I understand your frustration. A pool full of scantily clad females, and Smokey Joe busy flipping burgers.

I suggest a catering company, so you can enjoy the fun...!!

Thymen

It only rains when i want to go out shooting! I have my nice new tripod and I can't get it outdoors.

Carole

I hear you, Carol... :frown:

But have no fear, in about 6 weeks or so we'll get our annual 6 days of summer
where it doesn't even rain once (well, maybe a little drizzle... :wink: )

Jump on the pool butt naked. I guarantee all your holiday weekends will be peaceful and relaxing going forward :wink:

Or do a pot luck, provide a grill if anyone wants to use it and buy paper pates/cups/utensils.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom