I hate this forum...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Joe Marques, Sep 28, 2008.

1. I'm happily shooting away with my current gear and I am really quite content. Then recently a few jerks start threads about the 105 f2 DC. This lens is not even on my radar. So I'm bored and begin to read about it.

Hmmm...very nice focal length for FX (love tight H&S shots). Hmmm...DC control and pretty bokeh and overall IQ - a superb portrait lens (which is my #1 thing). I want...no NEED one of those. :tongue:

So tonight, because of the horrible people on this forum, I pulled the trigger on a used 105 f2 DC (LNIB at FM - good price). It'll be here in a few days.

As I said at the top, I hate this forum. :wink: :tongue: :biggrin: :Love:

2. RichNY

RichNY Guest

Joe- Congratulations on your new lens; I have no doubt that you'll be making even more great images with this in your kit.

3. Hey Rich, thanks buddy. :smile:

4. Had no interest in the 200 f/2 VR...until I read about it here!

5. Who doesn't hate this forum! I love it:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

6. i have to agree, this forum prettymuch duped me into buying the most of the stuff in my signature, before this i was happy going along with my D200 and the Sig 30. now in the past 6 months i have added the D3, 24-70, 70-200, 35, 135, 17-35. The only holdover being the SB-800. d**n this forum. lol

7. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    We hate you too, Joe! Now, don't go taking pictures and posting them here, because we don't wanna see 'em! :tongue: :wink:

8. NOT TO BE POLITICAL...

But.. sometimes this forum is the catalyst that starts my own personal economic crisis.
    .. so I know what all of you are saying.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

9. esseylg

esseylg

Jan 20, 2008
    Aliquippa
    I stay outa this forum... I know nothing of which you speak, and do not care to research it... =P

I hate this place to... I am waiting to pull the trigger on a D700(not to threadjack) But this beast haunts my vision, my dreams and everything else... Glorious NAS, Glorious NAS!!!

Hi, my name is Louis and I am a Nikon shooter, I have had NAS for 2 years and counting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2008
  10. DerrickN

DerrickN

Sep 22, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Congratulation Joe!
    Looking forward to see some shots from this lens.

11. lisa_h

lisa_h

Sep 6, 2008
    New England
    Congrats Joe. Let us know how it is. Can't wait to see some images. I bought a brand new 105 DC 2 weeks ago. Straight out of the box it was back focusing so bad that a fine tune in camera of +20 wasn't helping it. It has been at the Nikon Factory Center. I hope it's better when it comes back.

12. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

o man i feel your pain....i got the -> "i wana d700" real bad!

13. LOL! Mine will be back from Nikon on Tuesday....but I won't be back to my house until the following Sunday. Talk about bad timing!! Congrats, I can't wait to see photos from yours!

14. johnmh

johnmh

Nov 21, 2007
    Greater NYC
    Better investment than Mutual Funds or stocks lately....... too bad you can't have an IRA based on Nikon lenses.

15. I am very sorry...
    :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

16. Thanks for all the replies, I'll be sure to post a few shots once it arrives (shipping today).

17. Joe,
    Do us all a favor and keep the photo's made with your new lens to yourself. :biggrin:

I will not look, I will not look, I will not look.....well maybe a quick peek.:tongue:

Seriously, I do hope you have fun with it!

18. Jonathan

Jonathan

Jun 11, 2005
    Southern Maine
    Any thread that starts with " I hate this forum" has got to be funny, and it is.

Joe, welcome to the 105 f2 club. It'll be well worth it(I hope you get a sharp one), but I must admit that this forum has cost me a lot of dough.

Congrats from a fellow "hater",

19. Wish they can fine tune stock market as lens, no doubt Nikon will do a fine job, or if it dosn't work send it back for replacment/refund.

Mladen

Digital bodies D300 & D200, Film bodies F80 & F4S
    Primes 16f2.8AFD, 50f1.4AFD, 85f1.4AFD, Zooms 18-35 AFD, 70-200f2.8 AFS VR, 18-200 AFS VR DX
    Other SB-800 & Canon 500D
    Legacy Pentax LX & K1000 with 17-28 Fisheye Zoom, 24f2.8, 35f2.8, 50f1.4, 85f2, 135f3.5 & 200f4

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17002757@N08/

20. I need a $700 <units> bailout too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.