I have decided AGAINST buying a D2X

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bob the Spiderman, Mar 4, 2005.

1. After the debacle with the Reconditioned D2H from Cameta, I have used the intervening time to take stock of what to do next. Try again with a RECON- Buy a new D2H or buy a new D2X.
    Well for starters there is the UK price. ($6650MRP) and not many people are going to let it go for less. Those that are advertising it for a lower figure do not have any to sell so their adverts are meaningless.
    Availability by all accounts is very very limited. Main dealers were quoting me in very vague terms, as in April or May.
    File size and the possibility of having to upgrade my computer, which I only upgraded last April, was yet another consideration.
    There are also one or two unresolved aspects mentioned in various posts that worried me slightly, and the fact it is so very new. I am also not that experienced a DIGITAL photographer to be a consumer tester for Nikon's latest model.
    So as a logical upgrade from a D70 I have purchased a NEW D2H from Digi-Rev in Hong Kong. as this seems to be the right thing to do at this moment in time. The D2X can perhaps come next year when I am more sure of myself and others have tested the camera in the field.

I do envy those of you who have purchased this camera, but I wish you luck and look forward to sharing your experiences with this camera.

Bw. bob F.

2. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    Congratulatoins, Bob.

I know you'll enjoy your new camera and put it to wonderful use.

Tom

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Bob,

Completely understandable decision. I'd like an X, and though it would be a strain on my budget (not to mention my marriage....;-)), I could pay for one. It is just not clear to me that the X would be that much better for me than my H. Maybe in 6 or 8 months, when we have more real world data, but for now, I'm holding off too.

I predict that you'll love the D2H BTW.

Regards,

Frank

4. Hi Bob,

I think you made the right decision. I'm sure you will enjoy your camera. I have heard good things about the D2H and it can bring you as many good memories as a D2X or any other camera can.

Remember you have to make a decision that is right for you and it sounds like you did. So enjoy and happy shooting to you.

Melissa