I have given in to LLD

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Catz, Sep 28, 2005.

1. I finally took the plunge and purchased the 85 1.4 and a fisheye lens that I have always wanted.

Now I want a TC.

Will it ever stop???...lol...

2. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Two at once! That's good Melissa.

4. Steve,

In your case, you for sure need a 12 step program. I need one too because I am now thinking about the beast. I have to stop sometime or I will be totally broke.

5. Thanks Chris, I will be on a roll soon. I just can't stop myself from buying Nikon lenses. I have to stop or Uncle Frank will sign me up for a 12 step program and Chris if you know of such a program, let me know...lol...

I almost added the beast onto that order. I need to forget BH web address :smile:

6. Congrats, Melissa! I know you've been wanting this lens (85mm) for a long time. Glad you finally got it. Hope it provides you with as much pleasure as mine has provided me.

7. Thanks Kevin. It will be here tomorrow and wouldn't you know it, I have an errand to run tomorrow and it will come while I am gone. Just my luck but when I come home, outside I go!

8. Boy do I know that feeling well.

Purchased a 60mm micro and a 1.7TC all in the same week. :biggrin:

9. Congrats Bob on you new lens and TC! Lens lust feels good. Doesn't it?

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hey Kevin first the 70-200 please..Then others...heehee.....

Hurry it is about to go up on the auction block.

Cheers

11. Gale,

Are you selling a 70-200VR??? That is a great lens. How come? I have mine and love it :smile:

12. Good choice, Melissa. The 85 1.4 is a sweet sweet lens.

13. Thanks a lot Phil. I'm sure I wil love it. I want to practice using it tomorrow for portraits of my family when I set up my lights. That will be a real good test for this lens.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2005
  14. Congrats big time.
    In dim difficult light that lens lets you do stuff you jus' couldn't before. :smile:
    I'm just getting around to looking at my Austin City Limits fest shots from last week.
    Here's the 85.1.4 at f2 1/200th ISO 640.
    Center crop of 1/3 of the frame., downsized to a measly .4 mp
    You will find that, more than most of your lenses, web viewing doesn't do it justice. :redface:
    You will love the lens. Haven't spoke to an owner that doesn't!
    It's only the naysayer non-owners who chant the too-much-$-too-much-weight mantra. It's photo nirvana. You chose wisely.
    BTW...which fisheye?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2005