I have no clue what I'm doing...

Starting in digital, I went for a D50. Had to sell it. Then picked up a D40. Sold it. Then a D300, and now I shoot with a D700 and a D90. I love digital, and I feel as though I've become decent at post processing using Lightroom and I understand my equipment. But about a year ago my grandmother gave me her old Minolta srTmc-II. And then I bought a bunch of old Nikon stuff. Mostly to decorate our new place as I haven't shot film for over 10 years when disposable cameras were all the rage.

Anyway, I just bought new batteries both for the Minolta and a Nikon FG. Fired them up. First on the chopping block is the Nikon FG with some Kodak 400 TX film. I have no clue what I'm doing... but I'm going to give it a go anyway and we'll see what happens.

I'm open to tips and tricks, and anything I might need to know. Why? Because, let me remind you, I have no idea what I'm doing. But we'll see what happens. :biggrin:

Tx 400 is the right choice anyway :) I dunno, what's there to learn? You put the roll in, shoot a frame or 38, let someone develop it, get some scans.

My bet, a year (a couple of months?) from now you've go a bunch of chemicals and a scanner.

Haha. Thanks guys. I'm thinking of using Richard's Photo Lab in Southern California. Any recommendations for places to develop the film?

For processing on the cheap Walreens will process C-41 neg's for a couple of bucks (no prints) They offer scans but I don't, I scan my own..

Good Luck and if your like many on the forum you will have fun shooting film.

Tx 400 is the right choice anyway :) I dunno, what's there to learn? You put the roll in, shoot a frame or 38, let someone develop it, get some scans.

My bet, a year (a couple of months?) from now you've go a bunch of chemicals and a scanner.

Scanner? hah!
An enlarger is more likely.

I always thought that developing my own film was just as exciting as taking the actual photos. Really made you feel like you were part of the process from end to end. I also suspect that you will start to feel that way once you get a few rolls back ;)

Insert evil laugh!:Devil:

You have no idea what you just did to yourself. Your digital world will never be the same.

I was like you until I got the first scan of Ektar 100 from my 4x5 Linhof. OMG!

Now have many film bodies, different brands, different formats.

Today I brought my old Minolta freedomzoom 140 loaded with 400TX as a point and shoot camera. Crazy!

Tie a knot at the end of the rope and hang on, you may be in for a ride.

:m72:

Real Name
Chris
Insert evil laugh!:Devil:

You have no idea what you just did to yourself. Your digital world will never be the same.

I was like you until I got the first scan of Ektar 100 from my 4x5 Linhof. OMG!

Now have many film bodies, different brands, different formats.

Today I brought my old Minolta freedomzoom 140 loaded with 400TX as a point and shoot camera. Crazy!

Tie a knot at the end of the rope and hang on, you may be in for a ride.

:m72:

And you know you are loving it Charles!

You are right Chris. I did not think I would enjoy LF so much. It was so much fun shooting fall colors in the park. Nearly caused a traffic accident from people slowing down when they saw the old camera and hood.

You are right Chris. I did not think I would enjoy LF so much. It was so much fun shooting fall colors in the park. Nearly caused a traffic accident from people slowing down when they saw the old camera and hood.

I am trying to not shoot with LF, i did test shots only about 1 month ago, blown away my mind both the color and B&W sheets.

Real Name
Chris
My 4x5 Pre-Anny Speed doesn't have any flash sync. That flash powder is dangerous stuff. Chris probably could tell us about the dangers involved in using powdered Magnesium.

I have an acquaintance with a burn on the top of his head who could tell you much more convincingly than I.

Latest threads

Top Bottom