I have no self control.

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by rbsmith, May 4, 2005.

1. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I recieved my Nikon 50mm 1.8 D today minutes after I had ordered the Sigma 18-50 f2.8 and the Sigma 70-200 f2.8. I am now pledging that I will not order anything else for at least a month!

2. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Hold on there Rex, thats something you say around the 28th of the month, not on the 4th.

3. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    you live only once!

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I see you said you wouldn't order anything for a month, but do you have any local shops where you could just walk in and buy? ... :twisted:

5. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Thank goodness there are no real camera shops between here and Memphis. Which reminds me I'm supposed to go to Memphis tomorrow.

6. I have self-control, it's called me being broke! :p

7. Yep, one month...and then you will read Uncle Frank's posts about his wonderful 28-70mm f/2.8 lens and the self-control issue will fade away! LOL. Enjoy your lenses.

Crystall

8. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Right now I have the same self control as Jonathan.

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Y'all ever hear of credit cards? Much better for these self control issues than Depends.

10. No way, credit cards are evil! If I were to use them right now, I'd have a D2X, 200-400 VR, 300 VR, 200 VR and a fancy camera strap! :p

11. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I've already got the fancy camera strap.

12. Yea i have self control too it's called my wife.....
    good thing she doesn't know the diiference in what lenes i have just the size. I'm not sure what i'm gonna tell here when she see me wip out an 80 400mm vr

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Love the 80-400 VR VR VR

lolol

I am with jonathan.

14. I need one but have no money for it :(

15. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Just never have them all at the same place at the same time. I do that with shotguns and now I'm moving to lenses. Its worked so far. Now if I can just keep off of this forum. Maybe this thread should be deleted!

16. Hey, why does everyone pick on wives? Some of us suffer from the lens lust disorder too. My husband smiles after every lens purchase because he knows I am paying for them and that he might get a bowling ball or two out of the deal! By the way, I think he has 20 or so by now. Tournament bowlers can never have enough bowling balls. Lens lusters can never have enough lenses! :p

So, all I need to do now is to get rid of a few overlapping lenses and purchase the 12-24 and the 28-70! Hmm, I think I just found my Mother's Day gift to myself! :twisted:

Crystall

17. It is fortuitous that buying the last lens you will ever ever need is such a profoundly satisfying emotional experience.

Fortuitous because I've done it several times and surely will do it innumerable times in the months and years to come.

;^)

18. Raul, just keep the 80-400 zoomed in and the light hood reverse-mounted around the wife. It's no bigger than the 80-200 that way. :grin: