I have no self control.

I recieved my Nikon 50mm 1.8 D today minutes after I had ordered the Sigma 18-50 f2.8 and the Sigma 70-200 f2.8. I am now pledging that I will not order anything else for at least a month!

Thank goodness there are no real camera shops between here and Memphis. Which reminds me I'm supposed to go to Memphis tomorrow.

rbsmith said:
I recieved my Nikon 50mm 1.8 D today minutes after I had ordered the Sigma 18-50 f2.8 and the Sigma 70-200 f2.8. I am now pledging that I will not order anything else for at least a month!
Yep, one month...and then you will read Uncle Frank's posts about his wonderful 28-70mm f/2.8 lens and the self-control issue will fade away! LOL. Enjoy your lenses.

Crystall

Yea i have self control too it's called my wife.....
good thing she doesn't know the diiference in what lenes i have just the size. I'm not sure what i'm gonna tell here when she see me wip out an 80 400mm vr

Just never have them all at the same place at the same time. I do that with shotguns and now I'm moving to lenses. Its worked so far. Now if I can just keep off of this forum. Maybe this thread should be deleted!

seafoxfla said:
Yea i have self control too it's called my wife.....
good thing she doesn't know the diiference in what lenes i have just the size. I'm not sure what i'm gonna tell here when she see me wip out an 80 400mm vr
Hey, why does everyone pick on wives? Some of us suffer from the lens lust disorder too. My husband smiles after every lens purchase because he knows I am paying for them and that he might get a bowling ball or two out of the deal! By the way, I think he has 20 or so by now. Tournament bowlers can never have enough bowling balls. Lens lusters can never have enough lenses! :p

So, all I need to do now is to get rid of a few overlapping lenses and purchase the 12-24 and the 28-70! Hmm, I think I just found my Mother's Day gift to myself! :twisted:

Crystall

It is fortuitous that buying the last lens you will ever ever need is such a profoundly satisfying emotional experience.

Fortuitous because I've done it several times and surely will do it innumerable times in the months and years to come.

;^)

Raul, just keep the 80-400 zoomed in and the light hood reverse-mounted around the wife. It's no bigger than the 80-200 that way. :grin:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom