I have seen alot of unique photography in my day but I think this takes the cake

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by BarryS, Aug 26, 2008.

1. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
  2. that is pretty cool...thanks for mentioning it.

3. Wow! I love that bus shot! Fedora and all!

The closest I ever got to anything like this was photographing X-rays for a Santa Monica motor officer. The first set was of his right leg, broken in three places when he hit the bumper of a parked car while pulling away from behind it on a pursuit. The second set I did a few months later of his broken hip (before and after surgery, two X-rays each, several plates and pins in each) from a bicycle accident while recuperating from the leg injury. He didn't seem to have the best of luck on bikes.

He needed three sets of each, one for his records, one for the insurance company and one for the department. How'd I meet him? I wanted to photograph his DeLorean. And I did, too.

These are some very interesting images, Barry! Thank you for sharing them.

4. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
    No problem guys.

5. Alias

Alias

Aug 23, 2008
    Brighton UK
    all the people in those pics are actually dead bodies.

6. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
    I don't know if we can infer dead body from that

7. Alias

Alias

Aug 23, 2008
    Brighton UK
    I have read an article where they interviewed him, and he said that due to all the xrays he uses only dead bodies for his Xray photography. I have also written a piece of work on the exploitation of the dead and used his work within the work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.