I hope these belong/worthy... here?

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by LionRed, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Today is the day I finally decided to post some pictures (well...finally got up the nerve), I have viewed others and my jaw just hits the floor. I find myself asking...how do they do it? I have taken with my 6-8Wk old newly purchased D80 many pictures, and have sorted the ones I would like to hear some tips on.

Pls some tips as I have only ever own a p/s camera before this. I have done many hours reading on this msg board...but any help is appreciated. With the following photos posted or in any of the other categories I have posted in this evening (if you should visit them).

Moon and Venus.
    593320979_acae3fd3fa_b.

Saturn, Moon...and Venus
    593320433_4724e87b7d_b.

Saint John, NB
    593518686_801569cff5_b.

This was hand held...as my wife and I were returning from a walk.
    593518454_b38dcb3ca8_b.

Broadway Cafe, Sussex NB.
    593518416_2fffaad2d7_b.

Cheers

2. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    3rd and 5th are my favorites - very striking!

3. IMO,your best image is the last one. For the top one, if you could have found a different angle to not show the wires and show a silhouette of a full tree. The sunset shot is nice, but try and watch what the light does to objects, buildings, landscapes, etc. when lit by warm light like that. Often when we see a great sunset, you can turn around and see something being spectacularly lit by that light.

4. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Jamie :

Shots 4 and 5 are just lovely. I can see myself striding through the forest or on my way to a pint (yes, I did see the "Licensed" sign in the window !).

I'll look forward to more of your photography from Nouveau Brunswick...

John P.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I really love the second one

6. I like them, especially 1st, 2nd and the cafe.

7. JoeA

JoeA Guest

4 and 5 stand out to me although they all are pretty good.