I just bought a bargain lens (I hope)

So last night I picked up the older Sigma 28mm f1.8 II Aspherical Lens (not the newer EX) used for $90.00. I think it was a pretty good bargain lens especially for a 1.8! I have the Nikkor 50mm 1.8D and was wondering if it is as sharp as that. I did a search but couldn't find what I was looking for. Has anyone used this lens before? Do you have any pics?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for your help.

John

Looks like a completely different design to the newer EX 28mm f/1.8. I'd be interested to see the wide open and stopped down performance of this lens when you get it.

John I believe that you should do your own testing. It is an old lens and you could have a hard time finding information on it.
Use it wide open, in the middle of the range and then at small apertures like f11 and f16.
Look for color, sharpness and bokeh.
Perhaps someone has used it and can give you some feedback but nothing like doing your own tests.
Good luck!
William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

For $90 you could hardly have gone wrong unless it arrives full of fungus or otherwise not as expected. We'll look forward to a report on it.

Well it's supposed to arrive on Saturday/Monday and I'll to some testing on it as soon as I get it. It's pretty interesting that I've searched the internet for a few days and I've only found 2 reviews and only a small handful of pictures taken with it. No one seems to have ever had this lens. I guess thats not good news.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom