I just bought a Nikon Coolpix 4600!

I couldn't pass it up for $200 and since I'm going to be in Hawaii later today, I wanted something small so I didn't have to lug my D2H around. Anyways, it's a rather small and fast camera, It shoots 3fps continuous until the SD card fills up. It focuses fairly fast. The image quality is clean and the layout is nice. I like the fact that it uses AA batteries, while still retaining a small form factor.

My only gripe is that it takes about 6 seconds for the flash to recycle. Rather annoying. Anyways, besides that, it's a rather nifty, cheap camera. I didn't feel like spending more, since I already have 2 DSLR bodies, I just needed something handy while not carrying the heavy guns.

It gets my Recommend vote.

Cons - Would of got highly recommend if the flash wasn't a piece of junk!

25524_360.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

S1

I had the CoolPix 4300 which is almost identical to the 4600 but was dissatisfied with it for a number of reasons - mostly delay in flash, focus, and shutter lag. Gave it to a friend and bought the S1. I consider the S1 the ideal "pocket" camera, and it actually fits in your pocket. Very handy, 5 megapixel photos.

My wife has the Fuji ES550 - 6.0 million effective pixels.

I must say this camera is great and I only paid $250 for it. Great colors and resolution.

Ron

I have a CP4600 as well...a very nice little P&S. It's nice to have a digital camera for some snaps without having to bring a DSLR.

S

saturnine

I have the CP5400, and it's awesome. Love the RAW/NEF capability, and light as a feather compared to my D70 :lol:

I recently got a Sony Cybershot DSC-T7., for when I don't want to lug the DSLR around.
I got this one for its super-slim size. I don't even notice when I have it in my pocket.

nybluecrab said:
I also need small camera, still trying to decide between this or the coolpix s1.

I still like the long zoom availability of the Panasonic FZ series. Their FZ5, like the larger FZ20, has 12x optical zoom. It is relatively compact and has 5 megapixels. I had an FZ20 before getting my D50. It was a nice camera, but the EVF was a pain. Its replacement, the FZ30, coming out next month, has many improvements and is worth looking at for a prosumer. It will have 8 megapixels, a rotating LCD, manual focus, quick start up and many improvements that Panasonic incorporated on the many recommendations of the Fluzi following. Nikon is #1 in my book, with Panasonic #2. Never really cared for Canon. Also, there's a lot of buzz about the Fuji S9000. I'd also like to have a small carry around camera with a long zoom. May see what replaces the FZ5 or see if Nikon comes out with something comparable.

Great little camera Jonathan.

I have a CP5000. Just a great camera.

Have the 3x TC and the wide angle TC..to go with it. Stell lite enough to carry around in purse..

Great camera and can pick up used for not to much.

5 MP and raw, jpg, or tif. Does macro well toooo.

Sure it has Lag they alllll do. :>)))

This ain't no pro gear :>)))

Latest threads

Top Bottom