I just have to rant ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Julien, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    My best friend just called me this morning and told that his garage had been broken into and his 2 bikes as well as his wife's bike had been stolen ! Just like me moutainbiking is a big part of his life ( as well as an enormous financial black hole ) and I just can't imagine myself in his position.

Worst thing about it is that his insurance will only pay up to 1500€ ( roughly $2000 ) while his bikes are worth a total of something around 5000 € ( $6700 ) ....

He worked hard and bought these bikes parts after parts over the years so he can't reasonably afford to buy the equivalent today, especially now that he has a 10 day old daughter. They just brought her home from the hospital this Sunday and now they get robbed ! I can't imagine how they feel ...

I just find it so unfair that people work their asses off to buy their dreams , and then all of a sudden it gets taken away from them by some ( insert what you want here ) that feels like taking it away from them :mad: ( and he probably doesn't even has the slightest clue of the actual value of what he stole )

It's more than just objects that he lost , they took away a part of his life ( anyway that's how I would feel if I were in his shoes ) !!

I just don't understand , I'm so PO'd for him !! I had to rant ...

2. Sorry to hear of your friend's loss. As you said, it's not just the objects but the emotional attachment to those objects, how they represented a part of him, that hurts.

3. Unfortunately there are numerous sources of utter frustration for honest, sincere and hard working people.
    I know how you feel Julien, it is sad indeed...

4. Sorry to hear it. Reminds me of when I lived in Miami... There were barges with "used" bicycles piled 15 feet high headed to the Caribbean islands to be sold.

Someone actually broke the window in my car and stole my eyeglasses.

I had 3 cars stolen in 5 years.

Lovely.

5. Jul, I can relate - lived in Houston (hell), and had three cars stolen, and my home invaded and whole collections wiped out, twice....you are right, it literally changes your life....seems there is little one can do other than move to WNC...best of luck to your friends
    dit

6. Such incidents make me angry.
    I haven't baught a bicycle since my one was stolen more than 20 years ago.