I just joined the D700 ranks

Guys/Girls,

After over a year of wishing I had bought the D700 over the D300, I finally pulled the plug and just ordered the D700. Very excited to shoot with it.

Right now I will be shooting with a 28-70 f/2.8 and an 80-200 f/2.8. Hopefully these will tide me over until I can add to the collection :biggrin:

Threw an SB900 in the shopping cart too :tongue:

Look forward to snapping some pictures this weekend...

Jonny

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Welcome! You will not regret your decision. The D700 is a great camera and I'm sure you'll love working with it.

Its a great camera and a blast to use in low light it will make you smile.

Alan

Congratulations - the D700 is a great camera, the first digital body I have owned that I feel is not a compromise versus my old F5's. Enjoy!

Thank you everyone for your responses. Your warm welcome is greatly appreciated. I bought it from Amazon (Calumet) and have been having some problems with the shipping... All my purchases from Amazon have previously gone like clockwork, but this time not so much. I paid for 2-day delivery (going on vacation Fri so need it Thur) and somehow my order got screwed up. So, I ended up re-ordering it overnight and have been told twice it will arrive. Although I have not received a tracking number or anything. They said it will ship in the morning and I will get it tomorrow afternoon. I highly doubt that will happen unless they ship out of Tulsa! Trying to be positive because I have been looking forward to taking this trip with my new camera... Not to mention $70 for overnight shipping!

Jonny

Sorry to hear about your shipping troubles, but it'll all be worth it! Congrats on the purchase! You'll absolutely love it.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom