I like a good photo...

Saw that one yesterday and today I still don't believe it. Looks fake to me... I don't believe lava glowing red would support a mans weight and it would be so hot that the part of his shoe actually supporting his weight should also be on fire. I call foul.

The last bit of the article reads... "When we asked Hirata about whether the flames were natural, here’s what he had to say: “His shoes an tripod did not combust due to lava… That’s all I will say. But they are on fire and its in one shot.” It appears it was a clever PR stunt after all."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last bit of the article reads... "When we asked Hirata about whether the flames were natural, here’s what he had to say: “His shoes an tripod did not combust due to lava… That’s all I will say. But they are on fire and its in one shot.” It appears it was a clever PR stunt after all."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He set fire to his own shoes just for a publicity shot?! I guess it worked and he can probably afford some more Nikes and a new Gitzo now! :biggrin::biggrin:

Real Name
Chris
^^^ Key word being "boots"! Imagine what would have happened if you were wearing sneakers :eek:

I know! They also gave us these leather mittens with metal rivets in the palms to wear over our work gloves. They would catch fire every now and then too. I'm glad I worked there (first job right out of school) but man! I saw some nasty industrial accidents.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom