1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I like to look my breakfast in the eye

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Tom Larsen, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Tom Larsen

Tom Larsen

Jan 18, 2008
    Denmark
    A lot of you have been posting some really nice bird shots. The herons, egrets, gulls and terns are around me every day, and after trying to shoot some of them, I know first hand that some of you either have talent or have spent much time and/or money perfecting the craft of bird photography. These are nothing special, but they are an improvement over what I got three weeks ago.

The white flasher:
    [​IMG]
    Hiding behind the dock piling:
    [​IMG]
    This one is taken with the 24-70 f2.8:
    [​IMG]
    Fishing, they can't reach the water from the dock itself, but the roller attachment is just low enough that it works:
    [​IMG]
    If you have a long neck:
    [​IMG]
    One last look before it becomes food:
    [​IMG]
    They are very graceful in flight:
    [​IMG]

2. Nice series and narratives! I really like the one with his head in the water! It amazes me at the balance these birdies have! Loved Norfolk when I was up there last Oct! My nephew is stationed there in the Navy.

3. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    I like the last one best. The flight shot. Very nice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.