I lost my stars in bridge

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by BarryS, Aug 1, 2007.

1. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
    So before i had cs2 on my temp pc before i got my new mac. Now that i have it and have cs3 i can't seem to figure out how to have my starts display under the thumbnails. Let me rephrase if an image already has starts then it will display them but i can not add stars to images right from the thumbnail i have to go to label then add them there. Can anyone assist me here or is this something that is gone in cs3. Thanks in advance.

2. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
    Bump?

3. I'm looking at bridge on my mac with PSCS3. If I click on a thumbnail with no stars, just above the filename are a series of 5 dots. If I click on one of the dots, the corresponding number of stars appear...does this not happen for you?

4. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
    Thats how my cs2 was and i no longer have the dots. NO good. I am kinda confused it must be a setting somewhere that i messed with any idea how to reset to default. I am at work right now so i am not looking at it!

5. If you go to "View", and then see if "Show Thumbnail Only" is checked...if it's checked, select it, then see if the dots come back.

6. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
    Ok i will check that when i get home hopefully that helps if not lots of crying will ensue.

7. Feel free to PM me later tonight...I'll be away from my computer from about 5pm until 9:30, but then I'll be on after that. Cheers.

8. John, what are the stars for? I do not have them either and checking thumbnails only does not help. Now I feel like I am missing something but I don't know what it is. My last version was PS/CS so I don't know what I am missing by not having stars on PS3.

Update: Nevermind, I saw them in labels and figured out that it was a rating system for your images. Also, if No Rating has a check mark by it I would assume that prior ratings that you had would no longer show up. Cool, I learned something new today.

By the way, the stars show up whether you just have Thumbnails or Thumbnails Only checked in the View drop down box.

9. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
    It seems as though i had the thumbnails too small and after a certain size the little dots go away. Thanks thought well at least its fixed.