I Love Freestyle Photographic!!!

Last Sunday I put together a pretty big order to Freestyle, several different formats of film, enlarging paper, some extra bulbs for my enlarger, etc, in total, about $900 worth of stuff, by far the largest film order I've ever placed. As usual, most of it shipped Monday morning (some was delayed a few days) and because I live in Ca it arrived on my doorstep at 9:35am on Tuesday. I arrived home at 5:30 to find a torn FedEx tag on my doorstep and about $700 worth of film gone.:frown: I immediately called FedEx, nearly hysterical... and they opened an investigation and told me to call back the next morning. I did, they said the driver left the packages and I should contact the shipper to initiate a claim. So Wednesday I called Freestyle and told them what happened, they apologized for my inconvenience and Thursday reshipped my order (to my work address). I've read so many horror stories about stuff like this, I thought I would end up screwed. FedEx was very helpful and responsive and Freestyle was just awesome!:smile: While I'm still a bit unnerved as they had to come to my door to know I had packages there, I'm very grateful to my Rottie mutt who I know told them it wasn't a good idea to come inside and to Freestyle for their responsiveness and customer oriented business practices.

Good to hear you're getting painlessly reimbursed by the company, but such a shame it had to happen in the first place.

It seems to me to be a tad bizarre that Fedex would leave a parcel of any description unattended and unsigned for on your doorstep, is that a usual practice in the States?

Real Name
Chris
Wow Tim. Bravo to Freestyle! That is a company with class, something that is becoming rather rare in businesses these days. Of course they already had my business, but now I have even more 'warm and fuzzies' about them.

Mike, yes it is common. I live in an 'economically depressed' part of town (south Phoenix - definitely the wrong side of the "tracks" or in this case river) but Fedex and UPS always deliver unsecured packages to my (visible from the 5-lane street I live on) porch. I have never experienced a theft of a package from there in the 30 years that I've lived here. (My house however, has been broken into several times.)

This reminds me, I need to buy more Aura film, which is only available from Freestyle here in the US.

Kudos to Freestyle! Sorry that you had to go through this trouble Tim. Can you imagine those thieves going through all the trouble, stealing from a photographic store only to find FILM!!!

The other aspect of this is that once the thieves opened the package they probably realised it was useless to them and that they were unlikely to be able to sell it to anyone. So all that stuff is probably just lying in a bin or on some waste ground somewhere. What a waste.

The other aspect of this is that once the thieves opened the package they probably realised it was useless to them and that they were unlikely to be able to sell it to anyone. So all that stuff is probably just lying in a bin or on some waste ground somewhere. What a waste.
I was gonna say, do you have any neighbors who idolize you a bit too much? People who are always commenting on your camera. Bet it was one of your neighbors. Unfortunately it usually is.

The caveat is that when those people opened that biiiiggggg package to get their payday, their reaction was probably, "What the freak is this?!" wierdo paper, rolly stuff... fuji? Is that a firework? velvia? papers! finally, rolling papers... wait, why is it so glossy..?

Daniel

glad everything worked out for you tim :smile: like many others mentioned, it's so sad that all the film that was stolen will probably end up in the trash somewhere.

i'm actually expecting a shipment today too (saturday delivery) - three zeiss lenses. i usually go play basketball with friends on saturday mornings, something i REALLY enjoy and look forward to every week...but here i am waiting for the package, exactly because i'm afraid fedex will just leave it at my doorstep, and someone else will walk along and take it away. a friend of mine had his laptop stolen that way. arguably, leaving packages at the doorstep is even worse in our neighborhood because i live in one of those little townhome/patio home communities with no sidewalks or front yard. so, that means anyone taking a walk on the street is about 3 feet away from your front door when they pass by your house.

I would think that anything over a certain $$ amount should have to be signed for. i know If I were the company shipping the product,I would certainly want a signature required on a $900 shipment! Glad they were good about it and took care of you, most companies would not have done that.

I would think that anything over a certain $$ amount should have to be signed for. i know If I were the company shipping the product,I would certainly want a signature required on a $900 shipment! Glad they were good about it and took care of you, most companies would not have done that.
I agree, but sometimes the responsibility ultimately falls onto the shipping company. My FedEx delivery people are terrible at following through with signature required deliveries. I don't know how many countless times I've had packages left at my doorstep when I'm certain the sender requested for signature required deliveries.

I too have had great dealings with Freestyle. Unfortunately, I haven't have much reason to buy from them since switching to digital.

~Chad

Thanks all. Again, I'm really happy that Freestyle has taken all the pain out of what can be a really crappy process.
I imagine one of the boxes was quite big, maybe they saw the FedEx guy unloading them, as it had 16x20 enlarging paper in it....'wow man...Fuji Crystal, lets burn some':rolleyes:
The thought of all that film and paper just tossed into a bin somewhere...what a waste.:frown:
I have always had most things delivered to work, it is safer, but, as Chris said, it is very common to have things delivered and left at entry to a residence. Today, some people would break their corporate mailroom if they had all their crap delivered to work!:tongue:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom