1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I love the 35-70mm f/2.8 for candids (with images)

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by TMR Design, Aug 4, 2008.

1. This weekend I shot a family reunion and before we did the family portraits I walked around and shot some candids.

This little guy was getting a lot of camera time and I think we really bonded..lolol

Shot with D300, 35-70mm f/2.8, SB-800 with 1/4 CTO gel.

Also... for those that have followed my AF and softness issues, I am so happy to report that this shoot was my first since getting the camera back and I'm finally getting the images I should have been getting consistently. You wouldn't know it by looking at these images but for me it's very exciting because in my normal workflow I do sharpen images and now I can finally join the ranks of those that show images that are right out of the camera, perhaps a crop and resize, but no sharpening, clarity or otherwise. So I'm in heaven now.

Now if these images were of an adult it would be absolutely disgusting, but when it's a baby we all go "awwwwwwww".. :biggrin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

Robert Dude ....AWESOME!

u know folks pay big doe to get captures of their tormented babies ..ROTFL

;-))

3. Thank you Mark. I'm thrilled with these images and what I'm getting out of my D300 now.

By the way, I had posted this thread but I see it's moving down the page quickly. Thought you might get a kick out of it. This was the last shot we did with the family.

Anyone look familiar? LOLOL

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=181724

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. Great news Robert and love the images to boot. Keep up the great work and have at it breaking that D300 back in. Thanks!

P.S. - Baby slobber is fun! LOL!

5. You nailed it on the head Nute. I might be the poster child for that!!!

6. his folks will cherish these images, forever

you just can't beat a baby's face
    well done

7. acolo63

acolo63

Aug 11, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    My 35-70 arrives this week...I hope it's as great as I've read.

8. Nikkor AIS

Nikkor AIS

Jun 5, 2008
    Alberta
    The second one. His expression is just so "tragic". Years from now he will be saying how could you do this:tongue:

Gregory

9. 2nd is my favourite!!!!!

10. If it's not then you probably don't have a good copy. I've heard the lens does even better on full frame.

11. Yeah, he'll probably be scarred for life :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2008
  12. You've done it again Robert. The 2nd is my favorite. Great work.

13. Thank you Ed. :smile:

14. FotoWerkz

FotoWerkz

Jan 9, 2011
    Iowa
    Hard to believe no one is using this lens these days. Last post 2008??

DLU_5064copy-2.
    NIKON D90    ---    35mm    f/5.6    1/3200s    ISO 200

Little something different.

15. FotoWerkz

FotoWerkz

Jan 9, 2011
    Iowa
    My wife of 17 years at the Diner. 52mm @ 2.8

DLU_5399.
    NIKON D300    35.0-70.0 mm f/2.8    35mm    f/2.8    1/40s    ISO 800

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.