1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I love the 85 1.4

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Aug 10, 2008.

1. I'm so grateful that I got the chance to try out the 85 1.4. I'm pretty sure a brand new one will be arriving at my door from B&H in a few days.:biggrin::biggrin:

On my recent camping trip, I took a few photos with it. These next two have got to be some of the favorites I have ever taken. And, yes, their skin is red, but both are so suntan since this was taken at the end of a week outdoors. They both have that wonderful olive skin that doesn't burn easily. Technically, these photos aren't perfect, but they will be so special to me because of who is in them. "Grandpa Greg" is a perfect grandpa.....

D200 85 mm f2.5

original.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 238337

2. Simply delightful. You can see the love between these two. Nice work with this lens Terri.

3. Wonderful shots Terri. Very "human."

4. Terri...
    you always show us incredible images
    but.... it's amazing to see what the venerable 85/1.4 can do even for the best photog

these are stellar.... and to be loved and admired for years to come
    and..... as for your B&H Announcement.... EXCELLENT

5. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Super shots Terri,

you will enjoy your new lens.

6. Well done, Terri! And thanks for sharing. Jaden smiling makes me smile as well.:smile:

7. Thanks, Gordon. They do love each other. I imagine that Greg looked a bit like Jaden when he was little. The lens is great--can't wait to get my own.

Well, human is what we all are....... At least I think most of us are.... Thanks.

Thanks, Greg. I am far from the best, but the lens is extra special. You should get one. You would love it for your family shots. I still used the 70-200 a lot on the vacation, too.

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Oh, that is just what I needed to make me smile this afternoon! That second one of Greg and Jaden is pure joy and love all wrapped up together in one very special photograph.

9. Thanks, Wade. I've enjoyed the borrowed lens, too....especially since such a nice person loaned it to me!

I know....(I am prejudiced, though) but Jaden is EXTRA cute!!

10. Leigh,
    Glad to make you smile. Family love is everything, isn't it!! Greg is such a character. If you knew his personality it would make you like the photo even more.

11. Terri you sure have a way with taking pictures of your family.....Love these two shots. You will love the 85f1.4

12. Hi Terry
    What's wrong with those Shots? I think they look great! Enjoy your 85mm 1.4 its an awesome lens.

13. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Terri, these are outstanding!!! Seriously, just great. I love the expressions on the last one, but the Image Quality is just amazing. I love this lens as well.

14. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

a lot of love captured in these photos...congrats Terry ....;-)))

15. keko

keko

Jul 20, 2007
    Barcelona
    Terri,

please get your 85 1.4 soon, this lens was made for you!!! I can't wait to see and continue learning from your pictures.

These two are admirable in technique and emotional content. A great sentimental family value!

Thank you!

16. Terri,

The love that comes through in the photos of your family, the warmth portrayed, is very enjoyable. #2 is a real treasure. :smile:

17. Wonderful photos, Terri. You've really captured a loving and tender moment beautifully!

18. You captured the "specialness" of each photo. Amazingly beautiful.

19. Terri, those are PERFECT!! Gosh, you were meant to shoot primes!!! I am looking forward to all of your future posts with your new glass!! You are a rare, natural talent, and make this photography thing look effortless. Keep these shots coming!

20. It doesn't get any better than these. Fantastic shots that show the love Greg and Jaden have for each other.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.