I love the no politics rule here

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Some of those debates on the DPR M43 forum are ten times more venomous than any political debate I have ever seen. The weird thing is they are arguing over something that matters very little in the real world of photography.
And that’s the exact reason why I stay out of DPR. Some of their threads over there are downright vicious.

I can't stand FB anymore. Why can't people just post pretty pics and relax.
I love the Cafe because I always leave relaxed and smiling. Everybody should behave the way we do here
I dont use Facebook, but you should see Reddit, that place is pure poison. I joined to go in the weekly photoshop challenges for some fun but that place is super toxic. The photoshop challenge group itself isn't too bad but everything else is. It was a quick exit for me.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I have never had a need for FB. Emails and actually talking to friends and relatives is a lot more satisfying for me! Uninformed political bias, agression and intimidation at sites likes FB, DPR, etc make me appreciate NikonCafe all the more!

Some of those debates on the DPR M43 forum are ten times more venomous than any political debate I have ever seen. The weird thing is they are arguing over something that matters very little in the real world of photography.
[/QUOTE]

I think that most of us who came to the Cafe in early 2005 did so to get away from DPR.
Too much infighting and not enough photography talk going on there.
Once I came to the Cafe I never looked back.
For all I know that same fighting may still be going on there.

Real Name
Chris
It’s actually cleaned up a bit. Thet got rid of the ‘off topic forum’, practiced more proactive moderation for about a year, banned some folks. It’s much more civil and photography oriented now. I’m not saying it’s chill like it is here - not by a long shot. But it is easier to find useful informative stuff. And the people are nicer.

But do you know where else they could use our rule? ... everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom