I made the move to a D2H..........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DAVE VAN, Mar 9, 2005.

1. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Well I kinda got my wifes blessing :? , so I just bought a D2H with the 18-70 DX lens. I do have a 17-35 Tamron so I thought I would compare the two and just sell the one I didn't want to keep. I hope I don't have too many problems learning the D2H over my D100. Thanks for all the input from all of you. The quality of the photos that I have seen posted from the D2H has convinced me that 4mp can be as good as 6. I guess my D100 will go up on ebay this weekend.

2. OOOOOHHHHHH!!! You are sooooooo lucky!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I am trying to tough it out with my D70 for another year before I make the move to an upgrade. It is hard though with all the D2H & D2X talk going on around here!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

3. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    I thought about waiting to see what the new D200 looks like, but I was afraid of the availabilty of a D2H if I waited as Nikon is not making them anymore. Also my D100 still is bringing on average $750.00-$800.00 on ebay right now. I'm sure it will be less when the D200 comes out and the market is flooded with used cameras.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Dave,

I predict that you will be very happy, and I don't expect the learning curve to be that bad. I mean, if Harris and I can figure out how to use the thing, any normal person should be able to.... :wink:

Congrat's!!

Frank

5. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Your going to love it. I had a D1x for years before I got the D2h, still own both and the poor D1x never sees the light of day anymore.

6. This is something that you will thank yourself for doing as time goes on. Best wishes with your new camera.

7. Don't be down on that D70..I use one almost every day as a D2H companion. It gets roughed around (because its an office camera) unlike the D2H which is treated with extra love...The D70 always amazes me, great images, tough little beast - one wipe with a damp rag and it looks like brand new again. Now if you look at our Canon 300's in the office - same vintage, same treatment -- well, nothing looks more gruesome than rubbed off silver paint...

8. Another thing - with all these new buyers of the D2H, I see so many folk being gee, whiz and wow about this camera. It's funny, but now that it's nearly history, it's finally getting the reputation that it deserved a long time ago, before the trolls and measurbators near killed it; many of whom had never tried one. And looking at Ron Resnick's excellent comparison post on the D2X/D2H; well I was pleasantly surprised by how well the D2H did.

Yeah, history will judge the D2H as the most unfairly maligned camera of all time. Long live the D2H !!!!!!!!!

9. Woo Hoo...you're gonna like it. My poor D100 just sulks at me every time I pull the D2H out of the camera bag instead of it.

Rich

10. Thanks Peter,

I have have been contemplating just keeping the D70 and adding to my small but quickly growing photo gear. Two cameras are better than one!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

I just used the..................SPELL COW!!! MOOOOOOOOOOOO

cow.

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Peter,

I totally agree with you on the D70 and the D2H (never owned a 300D). I kept my D70 when I got the D2H and I use it every week-end when I go hiking. It did let me down one time when I used it in the rain. I don't know exactly what happened, but I just got a big error message and the shutter wouldn't fire. :cry: :cry:

I got it out on the way home to look at it, and lo and behold, it worked fine. :D

You're right, it is a tough little beast.... :wink:

As to those that put down the D2H, I paid zero attention. I formed my opinion, and decided to get mine, after seeing the wonderful pictures from the D2h by folks such as Ron R and the other real camera users over on DPR.

Frank

12. I agree with Frank, I too paid no attention to the nay sayers and questioners. After I saw the wonderful images turned out by D2H owners I also went out and bought one. I have not been sorry.