I made the move to a D2H..........

Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
663
Location
New Jersey
Well I kinda got my wifes blessing :? , so I just bought a D2H with the 18-70 DX lens. I do have a 17-35 Tamron so I thought I would compare the two and just sell the one I didn't want to keep. I hope I don't have too many problems learning the D2H over my D100. Thanks for all the input from all of you. The quality of the photos that I have seen posted from the D2H has convinced me that 4mp can be as good as 6. I guess my D100 will go up on ebay this weekend.
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
2,495
Location
Huntsville, Alabama
OOOOOHHHHHH!!! You are sooooooo lucky!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I am trying to tough it out with my D70 for another year before I make the move to an upgrade. It is hard though with all the D2H & D2X talk going on around here!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
 
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
663
Location
New Jersey
I thought about waiting to see what the new D200 looks like, but I was afraid of the availabilty of a D2H if I waited as Nikon is not making them anymore. Also my D100 still is bringing on average $750.00-$800.00 on ebay right now. I'm sure it will be less when the D200 comes out and the market is flooded with used cameras.
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
994
Location
Alabama
Dave,

I predict that you will be very happy, and I don't expect the learning curve to be that bad. I mean, if Harris and I can figure out how to use the thing, any normal person should be able to.... :wink:

Congrat's!!

Frank
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2005
Messages
506
Location
Durban, South Africa
PhotoDawg said:
I am trying to tough it out with my D70 for another year before I make the move to an upgrade. It is hard though with all the D2H & D2X talk going on around here!!!!
Don't be down on that D70..I use one almost every day as a D2H companion. It gets roughed around (because its an office camera) unlike the D2H which is treated with extra love...The D70 always amazes me, great images, tough little beast - one wipe with a damp rag and it looks like brand new again. Now if you look at our Canon 300's in the office - same vintage, same treatment -- well, nothing looks more gruesome than rubbed off silver paint...
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2005
Messages
506
Location
Durban, South Africa
Another thing - with all these new buyers of the D2H, I see so many folk being gee, whiz and wow about this camera. It's funny, but now that it's nearly history, it's finally getting the reputation that it deserved a long time ago, before the trolls and measurbators near killed it; many of whom had never tried one. And looking at Ron Resnick's excellent comparison post on the D2X/D2H; well I was pleasantly surprised by how well the D2H did.

Yeah, history will judge the D2H as the most unfairly maligned camera of all time. Long live the D2H !!!!!!!!!
 
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
1,027
Location
Annandale, VA
Dave Van said:
Well I kinda got my wifes blessing :? , so I just bought a D2H with the 18-70 DX lens. I do have a 17-35 Tamron so I thought I would compare the two and just sell the one I didn't want to keep. I hope I don't have too many problems learning the D2H over my D100. Thanks for all the input from all of you. The quality of the photos that I have seen posted from the D2H has convinced me that 4mp can be as good as 6. I guess my D100 will go up on ebay this weekend.
Woo Hoo...you're gonna like it. My poor D100 just sulks at me every time I pull the D2H out of the camera bag instead of it.

Rich
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
2,495
Location
Huntsville, Alabama
Thanks Peter,

I have have been contemplating just keeping the D70 and adding to my small but quickly growing photo gear. Two cameras are better than one!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

I just used the..................SPELL COW!!! MOOOOOOOOOOOO

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
994
Location
Alabama
bendheim said:
Another thing - with all these new buyers of the D2H, I see so many folk being gee, whiz and wow about this camera. It's funny, but now that it's nearly history, it's finally getting the reputation that it deserved a long time ago, before the trolls and measurbators near killed it; many of whom had never tried one. And looking at Ron Resnick's excellent comparison post on the D2X/D2H; well I was pleasantly surprised by how well the D2H did.

Yeah, history will judge the D2H as the most unfairly maligned camera of all time. Long live the D2H !!!!!!!!!
Peter,

I totally agree with you on the D70 and the D2H (never owned a 300D). I kept my D70 when I got the D2H and I use it every week-end when I go hiking. It did let me down one time when I used it in the rain. I don't know exactly what happened, but I just got a big error message and the shutter wouldn't fire. :cry: :cry:

I got it out on the way home to look at it, and lo and behold, it worked fine. :D

You're right, it is a tough little beast.... :wink:

As to those that put down the D2H, I paid zero attention. I formed my opinion, and decided to get mine, after seeing the wonderful pictures from the D2h by folks such as Ron R and the other real camera users over on DPR.

Frank
 
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom