I met a fellow Cafer today..... Purely by chance

I go to this park by my house today with my wife and kids. My son's running around with my wife hot on his tail, and I'm left with the stroller and my dau. So I see a blimp start to fly by. With that I whip out my camera and start firing away.

As I'm doing that this guy with HIS camera walks by and of course we start BSing. So we're talking about cameras and lenses and eveything else camera related. My wife walks by rolling her eyes knowing I'm in my glory talking cameras.

So Tony asks me if I'm so and so...... from one of the forums he frequents. Right away I jump in with... "Nikon Cafe"? I'm there ALL THE TIME. So he started laughing saying yes he's a member there as well. He thought I was someone else though. So we BS'd for close to an hour, maybe a lil more.

Turns out we live close to each other, and share a passion for photography. So we exchanged numbers, he gave me a few GREAT tips. And hopefully we'll be able to get together soon and go out shooting.

So Tony if you read this post, YES it's about you. Hehe:biggrin: It was a pleasure meeting you and talking with you today.
Thank you

Thats really cool Joe, go buy a lottery ticket, what are the odds of that happening? I know we have 10,000+ members, but still seems like a long shot in your neck of the woods :smile:

that is fantastic
and a reason why we should ALL contact Leigh and order a NIKON CAFE HAT from her
makes money for this forum
and that way we can all be easily identified when out shooting

What's even funnier is that after talking we found out that we both lived in the same neighborhoods in Brooklyn, at the SAME time!!!! Go figure.... Talk about a SMALL world.

Yeah it was funny as hell. Never thought I'd meet someone from the Cafe just by running into each other somewhere like that.

That's funny Joe because the very same thing happened me! I was in Sandy Hook NJ photographing birds (Waxwings) and I started a conversation with this girl who was bird watching with her binoculars and she turned out to be a fellow Cafe member Annedi.
Hi Andrea!

Last edited by a moderator:
I might get a hat if we could arrange a girl's style too! I'm not a fan of black and gold ball caps......

Maybe I'll make my own!
I'd more likely wear a tshirt than a hat. I'm not a hat girl.:biggrin:

That's AWESOME that you met someone from here like that, Joe.

I've only run into fellow internet people at concerts.

Been on 2 get togethers here on the Cafe and a couple at Nikonians. There are quite alot of tri-state members on both sites, I'm kind of surprised myself that you don't bump into other members as well. Must have been a pleasant surprise.

Hey gals. I say we start a women's forum somewhere. I know there are at least a few of us at the Nikon AND Canon forums. I think we could all use our own outlet! I think we also need to petition the camera bag making companies to start making them in colors other than black, army green, and red! Gag. I am by no means a girlie-girl, but come on!

Hey gals. I say we start a women's forum somewhere. I know there are at least a few of us at the Nikon AND Canon forums. I think we could all use our own outlet! I think we also need to petition the camera bag making companies to start making them in colors other than black, army green, and red! Gag. I am by no means a girlie-girl, but come on!
Hey Cleo. Along with starting you OWN forum, and bags, start you OWN thread about this. Don't hijack mine. :eek:

Hehe..... I'm just kidding. Don't you and all the ladies here gang up on me. :biggrin:

Joe, I'm glad to hear that you met up with another Cafe' member.

The great friendships that I've made through the Cafe' are ones I'll treasure my entire life. We now have honorary grandparent, aunts and uncles for our children thanks to this wonderful place.

Thanks for sharing your meet-up experience with us. I always enjoy hearing these stories.

I might get a hat if we could arrange a girl's style too! I'm not a fan of black and gold ball caps......

Maybe I'll make my own!

That would be great if some girls could all meet. I can also make the hats Sonya. Our booster club just made baseball caps with the letter in chystals...we needed to have some BLING on our caps. We could have the NIKON CAFE in Chrystals too.

Very cool experience, Joe. Thanks for sharing it with us. I must say, whenever I see someone with a Nikon camera, I wonder in the back of my mind if they are a member here. I also think that if they are not that maybe I should tell them about this place so they could have as much fun as I do coming here. I think that the member that I live closest to is probably Rob Smith. Sometimes when we go to Tupelo shopping, I find myself glancing around restaurants and the mall to see if I see anyone who looks like his picture that I've seen on here. lol

(In case he reads this, I am not stalking you Rob, just think it would be neat to meet someone from here, kinda like Joe just did.)

Very cool Joe!! I live in Southern CA, and I am always on the lookout at any major events for fellow members. There are many within this area so its only a matter of time.

nice story Joe

I was at B&H Sunday
and kept an eye out for familiar faces
hard to do with so much activity around though

That's a nice story, most of the photographers (pro) I know around here are using Cannon 5D (except one friend uses a Fuji S3&5, then most of the am's are using 40D, 30D, 20D.
I'm wishing there were a few more Nikonians in my area, and I wish they would come out with the D90 soon.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom