I met Mizz Reese yesterday... (3 new pics added)

Discussion in 'People' started by Jetta32696, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Well, Model Mayhem does it again.... I had the opportunity to shoot Mizz Reese for a little while last night. She was young, funny not to mention a "cute kid" at 18 years old. We had a fun session and here are a few of the pics I've had a chance to edit. Comments always welcome... Hair and makeup done by model... :biggrin:

162474321-L.

162303681-L-1.

[​IMG]

A few new ones....

162691639-L.

162691409-L.

162716425-L.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2007
  2. Nice shots, pretty model, what's not to like?

What are you using for light these days Keith?

3. I really like the lighting on these, the hair and makeup as well. I'd clone out the reflecting board on bottom in her eyes in 1 and 3 myself and just leave the one reflection. Maybe you could fade down the logo so we can get the whole effect. Pretty model.

4. ponykilr

ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    usa
    I like these Keith, pretty model and solid capture.

5. Very nice portraits,
    Love them all and the eyes she's got, not to
    mention the way you brought them to life.
    Congrats

6. Thanks Brian, I was trying my luck with natural light outdoors yesterday. If I remember correctly, these were all shot with no flash. I went back and forth with and without flash.

Thanks Sandi, I appreciate the feedback. The reflections in her eyes were from outdoor light sources, sunlight coming in through a window and a doorway. I've been having some issues with my watermark, and pictures being used without permission, and I'm still trying to find one that works for me. I can't seem to incorporate my site name into anything creative... :frown:

Thank you Paul. I have about 280 shots to go through from yesterday, and will likely post more in the next few days.

Thanks for the kind words Claude. I really liked her eyes, and tried to focus on them mostly.

7. Man I love your portraits, those colors just melt together.

8. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Very nice Keith. I really like the way you have #1 framed. Her eyes are fantastic, and the light is excellent. To pick, there's a lot going on with all the colors AND the single black strap on her left shoulder - I'd probably remove the strap. Besides that I think the image is perfect.

I am not super crazy about her expression or the BG in #2, but I like the light.

#3 is a very close to #1, but I like your framing much better in #1.

Your model has a very beautiful and exotic look, and it looks like you had a great shoot. I can't wait to see some more.

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very heavy yellow cast

10. Interesting, I think that is what I like :smile:

11. Thanks alot!!!!!!!! I appreciate it!

Thanks Fred, I'm trying to keep up with you!!! I agree with your comments about #2 and was going to try and clone out some of the business going on in the background. It's too much like work. :biggrin:

1 & 3 are basically the same, focus point was moved over and camera was just tilted in the other direction. The funny part is that her expression is almost identical. I wanted to get some full body shots, but she didn't want to put on her shoes... :mad: ...and they were cute shoes too!!!!

I haven't re-calibrated my monitor yet, but it's possible... Thanks Gale, I'll check again after I calibrate my screen.

Thanks again!! :biggrin:

12. a few new pics added to OP...

13. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Very nice additions to your OP. I really like the first two. Your work always has a very professional look. I love your camera tilts - I'm inspired to attempt the technique - any pointers. Is this something that you do in PP?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2007
  14. Thanks again Fred!! Any angles you see in my shots are all done in camera. I don't much cropping in post either. I usually shoot things how I want them to look - but I've run into problems when trying to crop for 8x10 as I usually shoot really tight. I need to leave a little wiggle room for myself.

15. Nice!

BTW, You post some of your auto stuff on VWvortex, or are people just Borrowing ( eh-hemm... ) your images? I would swear I've seen some of you gallery shots on there, but I haven't been there in a good while.

16. Hey Michael...Yup, I used to post tons of pics on Vortex, AND there are many people still "borrowing" them as well. :) I haven't been on in quite a while either, but I've still got 2 mkIII's. Fancy meeting you here...

17. Thanks Woody!! I'm trying to reach your level...one click at a time!!

18. Excellent series Keith. #s 1 and 3 are on the spot... exposure, framing, expression, and those eyes and lips:Love:

19. Thanks alot Roy!! I just found out that she's got an older sister that wants to shoot too!! LOL :biggrin: