1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I miss my boy Truman

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by downloader, Aug 21, 2008.

1. downloader

downloader

Jul 25, 2008
    montreal
    DSC_0007.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Truman is beautiful
    i am sorry for the loss of your good friend

3. lmorgan

lmorgan

Jun 27, 2008
    NCentral IL
    I'm so sorry. He's beautiful. (((((hugs)))))

4. Nice shot. Pretty boy

5. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    So sorry, looks like a good boy. It is tough to lose your pup, hang in there.

6. lisantica

lisantica

Jul 4, 2006
    So. Calif.
    I'm sorry to read about your loss.
    The grief must seem unbearable, as I've been there to. Try and find comfort in your fond memories and photos of Truman.

7. Its so hard to lose your best friend....
    I've been through this a few times and there are no words to stop the pain...
    Just keep him close in your memories...

8. downloader

downloader

Jul 25, 2008
    montreal
    He didn't pass away:smile: but we split up and he moved away with my ex. I will never see my boy again:frown::frown:
    DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

9. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You are bad. Maybe you can rescue another "Truman" for yourself? Have to have the fenced in yard though.

10. downloader

downloader

Jul 25, 2008
    montreal
    He is not a greyhound, Truman is a whippet. I had him since he was 4 weeks old.
    Truman8nov05025-1.jpg

11. downloader

downloader

Jul 25, 2008
    montreal
    sleeepy.jpg

12. What a beauty! YOU had him since he was that young and your X got him? Don't understand it, but he's a pretty boy for sure!

13. Billh

Billh

Jan 26, 2008
    Northern, VA
    That must be incredibly hard. Unfortunately it is also difficult for Truman.

Bill

14. Aw.....he's lovely, just beautiful! I can only imagine the loss you're feeling right now and the resentment.....and the loss and confusion Truman must be feeling as well at this permanent separation. Life sucks sometimes, doesn't it?

15. ah....
    thanks for the clarification...
    you should have demanded JOINT CUSTODY... :biggrin:

16. downloader

downloader

Jul 25, 2008
    montreal
    Its sad and it gets even more sad. She also took Ashley. I was just going though some pics and wanted to share some. Thanks for looking
    DSC_0125.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

17. They are both such beautiful, beautiful dogs!

OK, so they are no longer a part of your life. Can you adopt one or two more? Sure, the new doggies wouldn't be the same as the two who have gone from your life, but each would have its own personality and loving spirit. You can't really replace a loving being who has departed, but you can add another one (or two) to your life....

Back in April my 17-year-old Siamese cat went across the Rainbow Bridge. Ever since then I have said, "no more pets for me!" Earlier this evening I was at a friend's house and seeing her two kitties stirred up feelings.....

18. downloader

downloader

Jul 25, 2008
    montreal
    Thanks clix I could buy one or two but I work long hours and it won't be fair to leave them alone all day.
    ash_truman2.jpg

19. vz223

vz223

Dec 7, 2007
    NJ
    What's hers is hers, and what's yours is hers!:rolleyes: 

20. Four weeks old is way to young to leave mom and siblings! Pups are only just weaned at four weeks and still nursing from mom. But, I am sure there are plenty of rescue Whippets available. Also, I hear that Whippet people like to show their whippets, finish them to championship, and then place them in good homes. For a Whippet, that would most likely be a home with a good fenced in yard.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.