1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I must be out of my mind...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BourbonCowboy, May 16, 2007.

1. ...but I've decided to go back to college. I've decided to take the necessary classes (9 classes, 27 hours) to become a public school administrator. This means that I will be working full time and going to school full time this summer...and in the fall...and next spring. I just worry about losing time that I would normally use shooting.

To make matters worse, my school administration has asked me to take a photojournalism class (which would be all I would need) to teach a journalism/photojournalism class - and be responsible for the photography in the yearbook. No rest for the wicked.

Funny though...when I completed my Masters' degree, I thought I was finally finished with sitting in front of the desk. I just hope I have the stamina to go back to class. I feel like I need a shirt like Bluto Blutarski that says "COLLEGE" on it.

2. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi mark-

it takes a brave and determined person to go back to college :wink: i've thought about going back for an advanced degree, but inertia's pretty hard to overcome. i'm sure you'll do well and have fun at the same time.

ricky

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. Cabrams

Cabrams Guest

Mark I dont know if this will help you out or not but my photography instructor (many years ago) made me shoot one roll of film in my small backyard everyday for two weeks thats 336 pictures and all of the pictures had to be of something different. I didnt think it was possible but after all of the shots were compiled I found that I was wrong. It was a good lesson for me to learn. There is always something close to take pictures of. Maybe this will save you some time and you can teach, learn, and shoot all at the same time.

good luck to you.

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. Best wishes for success Mark! Reading your motivation, I think you're past halfway there already.

7. You can do it.

You can do it. You have already set your mind to it so you can handle it. My wife went back around the age of 40, already had her associate, but pretty well had to start over, received her Bachelor then her Masters in Early Childhood Development. She is teaching Kindergarten now.

Good luck neighbor,

George.

8. Mark, just figure it will be easier than some of the hikes required at some of the Tim Ernst workshops.

:smile: :biggrin: :smile: :biggrin: :tongue:

9. Mark,I know the next year will be tough, but it will be worth it in the end. Best of luck!

10. Thank you all...

...for all the words of encouragement. I'm really excited about the future again, but a little nervous about the coursework. I'm confident I can handle it, but I'm just really tired now - probably due to the fact that the school year is winding down. I'd love a break before classes start, but that's not going to happen. The last day of classes is Friday, June 1st...my first college class starts the following Monday - and I have to work in between. I'll just have to bit the bullet and get focused. And like Dave mentioned, it'll be worth it in the end.

11. Best wishes, Mark!

You will always have this place to come and uwind.

12. No, you are not out of your mind... Congrats and good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.