I need a backpack for a D5 + 400/2.8 mounted

Real Name
Randy
Will it hold a d5 + 400e mounted ?
How about a 500/4 mounted ?
Are the shoulder straps comfy, my current 2 TT bags straps are not as padded as lowepro

Will hold 500/4 with body and 400/2.8 with body. Straps are about 2 inches wide and 1/2 plus thick padding and softish. The lens collar fits the 500 but comes out for the 400. Not an issue. It comes with a bunch of hook and loop attached dividers so you can carry small lenses. I add them to the sides for additional padding there.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Randy
Will hold 500/4 with body and 400/2.8 with body. Straps are about 2 inches wide and 1/2 plus thick padding and softish. The lens collar fits the 500 but comes out for the 400. Not an issue. It comes with a bunch of hook and loop attached dividers so you can carry small lenses. I add them to the sides for additional padding there.

View attachment 1619679
Did you consider the limo instead ?

Real Name
Randy
Real Name
Randy
There's a right way and a wrong way to carry big lenses mounted on cameras: if you damage something, you're doing it wrong. If not, you're doing it right! :LOL::eek::D
I used to have a strap on the lens and another on the camera, just in case, lol, now I just sling it over my shoulder and walk fast. I have a Tamrac big wheels that holds my d5+400 like a baby

Real Name
Randy

View attachment 1619679
just tried my 400 and it fits nice, a little wiggle room on the sides but easily fixed. I like the front load vs the top load of the kinesis bags
thanks !

just tried my 400 and it fits nice, a little wiggle room on the sides but easily fixed. I like the front load vs the top load of the kinesis bags
thanks !
I took all of that compartment padding and added it to the sides as there is plenty of room. Also, the blue rain cover I pull out and place behind the lens when carrying without body.

Real Name
Randy
I took all of that compartment padding and added it to the sides as there is plenty of room. Also, the blue rain cover I pull out and place behind the lens when carrying without body.
I stuffed the long piece on the side
I have a bag full of hundreds of those pieces (as I'm sure you do). I could almost make a bag

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom