I need a favor

Real Name
Randy
what do you think of this watermark
Is it to distracting ?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gee, that might be kinda hard to remove if some parent downloaded the image....oh wait...it looks PERFECT......

seriously, that's a nice balance.

It sorta depends Randy...

If the need is to prevent theft of photo's, it could be more visible. I can't, at least on my notebook monitor, make out all of the letters in Carolina. So if this a proof version, I might suggest you bring it up a bit to make it more visible.

It is distracting here, but then again, if this is a photo for sale, you should be putting some effort into protecting your revenue stream. This forum is not a purchase site, so it distracts, but at a purchase site, it's part of the landscape.

Randy, your watermark techique satisfies it's purpose well. It deters someone from stealing your image very well. The opacity is well proportioned to deter the theft, but allow for the client to view the image.

not too distracting.

good timing, btw. I've been kicking the watermark idea around the last few days. I just started a smugmug site(still under construction:wink: )

after I realized that when someone clicks on the slideshow, they get 'full-screen' versions, my decision was made..........WATERMARK!

Real Name
Chris
I find it distracting, and it detracts from the photograph. If your intention is to make this picture un-printable by internet pilferers, it succeeds. If your intention is to promote your photography, it gets in the way of that.

Randy, it doesn't look too distracting on my screen at least not on this image. You could actually make the letters a little bigger and it still won't too distracting.

G

Gr8Tr1x

Looks fine randy. You can make a hidden folder in Smugmug that parents can't see to upload all of your images you want to share with us. You share from that folder. Thats what I did with my AutoX pics....

Maybe i'm picky but it distracts me, I keep trying to look and check sharpness or detail on the batter, but i keep looking at the watermark.
IT would be impossible to clone out though, so i guess it would succeed there.
People won't print pictures with visible watermarks like that, But they also won't use them as their background or on their website or anything. IF you want to stop both its good, if you only want to stop one, then go for more unobtrusive.
You can get almost free advertising if people start putting your pics on their myspace (or stuff like that) if the watermark has a link to your site.

Real Name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It sorta depends Randy...

If the need is to prevent theft of photo's, it could be more visible. I can't, at least on my notebook monitor, make out all of the letters in Carolina. So if this a proof version, I might suggest you bring it up a bit to make it more visible.

It is distracting here, but then again, if this is a photo for sale, you should be putting some effort into protecting your revenue stream. This forum is not a purchase site, so it distracts, but at a purchase site, it's part of the landscape.
thx Mark, I would never use watermarks here

Real Name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
not too distracting.

good timing, btw. I've been kicking the watermark idea around the last few days. I just started a smugmug site(still under construction:wink: )

after I realized that when someone clicks on the slideshow, they get 'full-screen' versions, my decision was made..........WATERMARK!
thx
if u have a pro acct and set 'protect' ON they can't right click but there are many other ways to get the pic (that I am just learning about)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom