I need a favor

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Randy, Apr 24, 2007.

1. what do you think of this watermark
    Is it to distracting ?

[​IMG]

2. Looks very reasonable to me Randy. It does the job without overly distracting from the image.

3. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Gee, that might be kinda hard to remove if some parent downloaded the image....oh wait...it looks PERFECT......

seriously, that's a nice balance.

4. It sorta depends Randy...

If the need is to prevent theft of photo's, it could be more visible. I can't, at least on my notebook monitor, make out all of the letters in Carolina. So if this a proof version, I might suggest you bring it up a bit to make it more visible.

It is distracting here, but then again, if this is a photo for sale, you should be putting some effort into protecting your revenue stream. This forum is not a purchase site, so it distracts, but at a purchase site, it's part of the landscape.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Randy, your watermark techique satisfies it's purpose well. It deters someone from stealing your image very well. The opacity is well proportioned to deter the theft, but allow for the client to view the image.

6. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    not too distracting.

good timing, btw. I've been kicking the watermark idea around the last few days. I just started a smugmug site(still under construction:wink: )

after I realized that when someone clicks on the slideshow, they get 'full-screen' versions, my decision was made..........WATERMARK!

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I find it distracting, and it detracts from the photograph. If your intention is to make this picture un-printable by internet pilferers, it succeeds. If your intention is to promote your photography, it gets in the way of that.

8. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Randy, it doesn't look too distracting on my screen at least not on this image. You could actually make the letters a little bigger and it still won't too distracting.

9. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Looks fine randy. You can make a hidden folder in Smugmug that parents can't see to upload all of your images you want to share with us. You share from that folder. Thats what I did with my AutoX pics....

10. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Randy...This looks fine to me..It maybe could be even a little more bold..IMO

11. Maybe i'm picky but it distracts me, I keep trying to look and check sharpness or detail on the batter, but i keep looking at the watermark.
    IT would be impossible to clone out though, so i guess it would succeed there.
    People won't print pictures with visible watermarks like that, But they also won't use them as their background or on their website or anything. IF you want to stop both its good, if you only want to stop one, then go for more unobtrusive.
    You can get almost free advertising if people start putting your pics on their myspace (or stuff like that) if the watermark has a link to your site.

12. thx Mark, I would never use watermarks here

13. thx
    if u have a pro acct and set 'protect' ON they can't right click but there are many other ways to get the pic (that I am just learning about)

14. thx everyone

15. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
    Haha classic comment i was thinking to myself... wait what did he just say.

16. Looks great to me.